Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

Where can i get information on HUB coding/mapping?

Hi Folks!

Where can i get information on HUB coding/mapping?
The wiki-page on zdoom regarding this is a bit empty ;)

So Long, The Werelion!

There isn't really much to do.

If you declare a cluster to be a hub in MAPINFO all level transitions between these levels are automatically treated as intra-hub travel. It doesn't matter whether you use Teleport_NewMap, Exit_Normal or Exit_Secret to change the map. The only difference between these specials is the means where to get the map to go to.

The only other thing is the 'level number' (). This is the means by which you reference other maps with specials like Teleport_NewMap or ACS_Execute.

If you want to see it in action I suggest you open a WAD that is constructed as one or multiple hubs. It's really not that complicated

Hummm I am interested in HUBs, so Graf Zhal answered a part of the question, but I want to know how to declare a Hub in mapinfo ,how to say this map is a hub.
Can someone past me a mapinfo using hubs? would be exactly what I want.

cactus said:

how to say this map is a hub

A map cannot be a hub. A map can only be one of two or more maps in a hub. So, you do not declare a map as a hub. You declare each map as being part of a cluster, then you declare the cluster as a hub.

I think this will do as an absolute minimum hub mapinfo. It makes maps 1 and 2 of Doom2 act as a hub. To check, you can use the exit switch in map01 to go to map02, but if you then want to go back to map01 to make sure it is working as part of the hub, type changemap map01 at the console (you can also use changemap map02 to go back to map02)

map MAP01 "Cluster1 map1"
next MAP02
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
music D_ROMERO

map MAP02 "Cluster1 map2"
next MAP03
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 1
music D_ADRIAN

clusterdef 1
hub

As always doctor Enjay rescued me =)
thanks, that's working now.What a great feature, viva Zdoom ,death to other ports !