Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

Remember HellSing project?

I hope some of you remember one out of many of my projects, that were announced, but never got done. It was the one based on Hellsing anime, with four, or some, foggy screenshots presenting two SWAT trucks at the parking lot somewhere deep in a forest, that dind't exactly look like a forest...

If you already remember the project I am talking about, then it's time to tell, that I restarted working on it, most recently... But since it's getting really good before my eyes, I'll be showing only two, very dark screenies to present how much friggin work one could put in creating an interior atmosphere of a church, just by doind some micro-work on the building's windows.

Nice uh...window. Can we see the level now? You know, the part people play...

Har har har... not entirely forest...
Screenshot 1 r0xx0rs b0x0rs.

Heeeyy... nice windows. looks like edited textures to me. But what do i know?

The thing i always wondered about this project is... is this a Hellsing project? As in... the anime?

These are coloured sectors. They also need to transfer floor light from dummy sectors, as teir ceiling light is completely different. Finally, the window in the first shot is situated under a sloped ceiling; again: it's conbnected to a group of dummy sectors to keep the ceiling sloped properly.

RESULT: This gotta be ZDoom

And yes, this is all about killing vampires, and their minions. There will also be a powerful organisation (the Hellsing), that fights with the undead and the unnatural for hundreds of years.

...if the DRD team decides to hepl me out with it.

The church's exterior... Now I know it's ugly, and such... I'ts in early stacking-sector-stage...

I think the fog should be lil' darker. Nice entrance to the church, but yeah, that skyvoid on top is ugly (or whatever that is).

It's dark... I know it is. It's supposed to be. But you can see the church, can you?

Looking any good?

Looks kinda squareish, ... mr. Boxxy monorail ;) Tuche.
And it's not what I had in my mind.
Slope the skyvoids to create and impression of a sloped roof. If it's a roof the player won't even notice it's not there.

Nmn said:

Looks kinda squareish, ... mr. Boxxy monorail ;) Tuche.

Argh... got me! It's not done yet, don'tcha worry. I would really like to find out that stacked sector would work here... So I could put something on top of that... tower (?)

If not... I'm gonna play around with skyvoids ;)

I meant something kinda liek this:

(damn shrubbery) Ofcourse there's a skyvoid by that butt-ugly wall of leaves. There was suppose to be a lake there 8)

Nmn said:

I meant something kinda liek this:
[image]

*Me sees SCARYSTUFF.WAD...*
Are you fukkin outta your mind? Why don't you join Hellsing? Looks like we're doing the same climate, heh.

Remember, you said we'll be working on it together - I need you as an artist, and a second mapper.

Agent Smith: Then we have a deal.

Ofcourse, but first, let me
a) finish fucking KDIZD ;)
b) rewrite all the concepts I've had for Haze. Then we'll try to colide both of them and see what will end. To tell You the truth, the Haze concept is well.. quite remarkable in my opinion, it's the best interpretation of the Doom story eva o_O give me couple days to rewrite it nicely.

Okay, after few failed attempts at adding stacked sectors, I'm done with the Church's exterior. It only needs a decent cementary now. Also finally managed to connect the exterior with the interior, using typical teleport_line, and dark sectors to cover the fact that the player is being teleported. Looks fine, unless somebody types GIVE INFRARED...

Now I need to get the inside of the building finished, and awaiting when KDIZD team finishes up their project, cuz I need NMN's spritework help... :)

Liberation said:

What happerened to R-one ellmo?

Check Your PM's and everyone else-DON'T TRY TO ASK OR ANSWER THIS. thx.

Nmn said:

Agent Smith: Then we have a deal.

Ofcourse, but first, let me
a) finish fucking KDIZD ;)
b) rewrite all the concepts I've had for Haze. Then we'll try to colide both of them and see what will end. To tell You the truth, the Haze concept is well.. quite remarkable in my opinion, it's the best interpretation of the Doom story eva o_O give me couple days to rewrite it nicely.

and c) Help doom 2.5 :D

ellmo said:

These are coloured sectors. They also need to transfer floor light from dummy sectors, as teir ceiling light is completely different. Finally, the window in the first shot is situated under a sloped ceiling; again: it's conbnected to a group of dummy sectors to keep the ceiling sloped properly.

RESULT: This gotta be ZDoom

..EDGE can do all of that besides the sloped ceiling.

Bastet Furry said:

So, i can exept to play Alucard here?
Or just our little 'kid' biten police oficer?

Well it's based on the anime, but you won't have the same characters in here ( I don't think that would be particulary interesting while some of you know the Hellsing story exactly, nor do I think this would be legal). I still cannot decide who the player is going to be, however I think that playing as a vampire, or a high vampire (nosferatu) would be much more interesting, and you could acrry enormous weapons, and take a lot of damage before dying without insulting player's inteligence...