Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xit-vono

e4m7 tyson

I just did it in 15:38. If you are curious how this is done, then you can find it in the compet-n incoming.

ROFL, I mean that I don't remember you being in the Doom demo scene very long and you've done E2M8 Tyson and now E4M7, with 100% kills to boot.

Attack of the Sausage Monsters!

It's funny that I see this after I just finished and won a couple of Dwango matches using Skulltag.

mmm, 15:38 on e4m7, sounds okay to me. It is a reasonable and believable time. However I forgot how the lvl looks like already, hehe, anyway, tyson demos have been in ult.doom(episode 4) are pretty rare, so seriously it is a pretty good record, good job xit! But I believe it could be improved more by a little, btw has it ever been done be4? too lazy to view competn again :)

/me is wondering where Daniel Demonlord is ........

That was the first time this map has ever been done in Tyson style, but it has been recently beaten by Adam Hegyi. The main difficulty in this level is killing the cyberdemon, which is in a small room, but I have found a way to paralyze it.

I can pass Need For Speed Track 7 Lost Vegas in 8:14.6 on a Lamborghini Diablo. So there!

I can pass Need For Speed Track 7 Lost Vegas in 8:14.6 on a Lamborghini Diablo. So there!

And yet, nobody cares. Maybe if you could beat DOOM, then DOOM II, the Final DOOM on nightmare, we would care. Oh and record it as well.

You know what? Need for Speed actually is a pretty cool game too. So there

I'm still trying to beat a cyberdemon with berserk.
I was trying to kill a cyb with a chainsaw for a long time... I don't think that's possible though so I gave up on that one. Yet berserk seems possible.

most likely not, otherwise you'll be the most popular doomgod, however waldon has been done tyson on doom2 map32. He killed with berserk and invulunbility on at the same time :) but doom1 e2m8 1 on 1 against cyberdemon without berserk still hasn't been done yet

ummm yes it has. There was a big discussion of it at this site for the news for "COMPET-N news" Oh, and it was done by me of course.

if you use berserk, and have a strategy for attack you could do it. I managed to strafe by the cyb's rockets, hit him once, and run away 5 times in a row without getting hit. I can get hit 2 times directly without dieing, and there are a couple soulspheres on the map. obviously this will take some time to do, gotta get every move done at the right second, but it is possible.

Plus there might be some easier way to do it, like getting the cyb stuck somewhere, circle strafing around him while he shoots rockets then going in for a punch and over again.

link me to where it says that you beat the cyb using only berserk or send me a demo cuz I'm having a hard time believing this. I mean a normal person would even put a link to the demo in his sig.

Killing a cyber with berserk, without invul is easy. I did it in some 2 minutes without getting hurt.
Not like it's a big thing, but yeah, it's definitely possible. If you give me an email address or something I can send it to you 'cause the COMPET-N /incoming ftp isn't for that.

heres a good site for you to go to. hszk.bme.hu/~ha211/compet-n/ On the main page it says I did e2m8 tyson for the first time, and although I couldn't get the download link to work, you'll just have to believe that that site is correct(or find the relevant news on doomworld main page and read the comments). This isn't a full punchout, because I used 50 bullets on the cyberdemon, but that's only 1/8 of his health, so I could certainly do it without a pistol.

I killed the cybie on e2m8 on all skills. It isn't that difficult!

we're talking about using only melee attacks, anyone can kill him with a gun.

well since it's possible to kill him with berserk I'll guess I'll make my goal to kill him with a chainsaw or a fist without berserk... fist seems easier so I guess I'll go with that.

tyson means only using weapons you can get by pressing number 1 or number 2. That would be fist,chainsaw, berzerk fist, and pistol.

correct me if i'm wrong, tyson also means that you have kill 100% of monsters

yes, you have to kill all monsters except lost souls, which means simply 100% for any ultimate doom demo, but if there are arch-viles, than you have to kill every monster at least once(except lost souls)

yeah i know, probably which is why it is crazy demonlord's favorite.

[edit]btw, xit-vono, man your amazing crazy. I think your the 2nd most craziest speedrunning American beside Patrick Martin. His demo of E4M1 is spent time 144:54 mins, and now your are the second who did 42.05 mins. Man I don't think I could keep it up for such a long demo. I've tried speedrunning before, but no luck, only chewy did once...very lucky; hehe