idclip
idspispopd
idclev
idmypos
idmus
idfa
idkfa

stand for?

sorry if this is a stupid question, but im serious.

I'm sure there's a faq somewhere with the reasoning behind them.

Here's what I know:

ID stands for ID Software (duh)

SPISPOPD stands for Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris, which was an old arcade game.

CLIP means no clipping mode is toggled

MUS stands for music (duh)

CLEV stands for change level

CHOPPERS is for the chainsaw, obviously

KFA is Killer Fuckin' Arsenal, I think

MYPOS gives your position in x and y coordinates.

I think DT and DQD are both someone's initials...beyond that, I'm really not sure about the rest.

Well, there's a FAQ on this somewhere. Some have meanings, some refer to the cheat that they enable. I don't remember all of them but here's what I do remember:

iddqd: "Delta-Q-Delta"
idclip: "clip" because it turns off clipping
idspispopd: something about "smashing pumpkins"
idclev: clev=Choose Level
idmypos: mypos=My Position
idmus: mus=Music
idkfa: kfa=Kick Fuckin' Ass

The 'ID' obviously represents the company, Id.

DQD - Don't Know

CLIP - No clip mode...I don't know what clipping means exactly, but it lets you go through walls :).

SPISPOPD - Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Pieces Of Putrid Debris...a game that came out c. 1990...I can't tell you the details, but I have found sites referencing it. You can download it for free, I think, if you really want to.

CLEV - I dont know what the C is for, but it IS the change level code

MYPOS - Reveals your position, thus MY POSition

MUS - Changes music, thus MUSic

FA - I'm not sure about the F, but the A is ammo. Perhaps F means Full life/armor

KFA - Same as above, but K stands for Keys

Edited By: Archvile64 on 3 Oct 2001 19:15

Oh good edit, steal my entire post.

I'm probably wrong but I always thought that "kfa" stood for keys firearms and ammunition. It would explain the difference between idkfa and idfa.

I always thought that "kfa" stood for keys firearms and ammunition. It would explain the difference between idkfa and idfa.

Hm, you're probably right.

Edited By: Archvile64 on 3 Oct 2001 19:15

Oh good edit, steal my entire post.

Shut up, I didn't even know you two had posted when I went to edit my post. I just realized I had left the most obvious ones out and went to put them back it.

Shut up, I didn't even know you two had posted when I went to edit my post. I just realized I had left the most obvious ones out and went to put them back it.

Suuuure...

KFA is Killer Fuckin' Arsenal, I think.

My thought was: Keys Full Ammo, but who cares? I love the cheats, regardless of what they mean!

dqd is delta quasi delta or whatever the hell the q stands for, that's the college the guys went to.

Smashing Pumpkins into the putrid piles of debris thingie... heheh. If you listen on some Smashing Pumpkins songs you can catch a Doom sound effect... so I wonder where they got their name? =)

I have a thingy from a DOOM editors guide thing I bought and it has an interview with ID about the cheats.

DQD: Delta Q Delta. An ID software employees old fraternity. Used to test the enemies attack frames without dying.

SPISPOPD: Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris. An old internet joke from messageboards that were waiting for DOOMs release. This was the supposed title of the next big thing after DOOM. The publisher was called Ego Software. The game was acually made, but did not live up to its expectations.

MYPOS: Cheat used for finding the players postion on a map. Old debugging code for finding bugs in certain postitions on a map.

CHOPPERS: Cheat to get chainsaw. People wanted a cheat just for the chainsaw. Well, here it is.

CLEV: Level warp. Used to skip past maps when the game crashed.

BEHOLD (letter): Get an item. Used so we didnt have to search for an item in a map.

I know there are more, but I am just to tired.

I have a thingy from a DOOM editors guide thing I bought and it has an interview with ID about the cheats.

DQD: Delta Q Delta. An ID software employees old fraternity. Used to test the enemies attack frames without dying.

SPISPOPD: Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris. An old internet joke from messageboards that were waiting for DOOMs release. This was the supposed title of the next big thing after DOOM. The publisher was called Ego Software. The game was acually made, but did not live up to its expectations.

MYPOS: Cheat used for finding the players postion on a map. Old debugging code for finding bugs in certain postitions on a map.

CHOPPERS: Cheat to get chainsaw. People wanted a cheat just for the chainsaw. Well, here it is.

CLEV: Level warp. Used to skip past maps when the game crashed.

BEHOLD (letter): Get an item. Used so we didnt have to search for an item in a map.

I know there are more, but I am just to tired.

(1) I dunno, SPISPOPD lived up to its (nonexistent) expectations.

(2) IDDT - The "DT" stands for...

!!!!DAVE TAYLOR!!!!

The man behind the cheats. Before he joined id (which would have been sometime between the 0.5 alpha and the press release version), they didn't have *any* cheats in there yet.