Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Voice Actors / Voice Sounds Needed

HELLO!

As many of you know I'm working on an SP mod for EDGE called Marines of UAC(And no, it has nothing to do with the weapons mod i made a while back for EDGE).

For info visit WIP(wadsinprogress.info) and look in the EDGE mods list.(I would give a direct link but my internet can't access WIP from home... I don't have a clue why).

Also you can visit
freewebs.com/mouac

Anyway, for the mod's many scripted sequences I need voice actors who will be around for a while so I can give them the script as I make the game. If you are interested or have any vocal talent please reply here and we can get started.

Thanks and brace yourself for a great EDGE single-player mod that will end the reign of crappy, botched weapon mods that represent EDGE right now.

P.S. Should the mod have subtitles for the audio speech or not? Is it worth it to have text in the way in case you miss some words or misunderstand something?

Nick Perrin said:

(I would give a direct link but my internet can't access WIP from home... I don't have a clue why).

Mine can't either. :( For a long time now WIP always shows up a "Page not found" type page and I can never load it. :(

Lizardcommando said:

I could do some voices if you want.

Are you any good and do you have "good enough" recording stuff? Thanks for offering too.

@ Doom Anomaly: What's your internet service provider?

Nick Perrin said:

@ Doom Anomaly: What's your internet service provider?

If I recall I have Shaw cable. I used to be able to go to WIP just dandy, but all of a sudden a few months ago, it stopped working for me.

Woah. That's exactly what happened to me. I could get there just fine until a few months ago.

Anyway, back to the topic! Voice actors!!!
Lizardcommando, what's the news?

I'm making it as I go along, as the direction of the mod might change.
So I have script for the beginning so far but I have to work on it as I go, because I haven't planned out the whole mod yet.

Nick Perrin said:

Woah. That's exactly what happened to me. I could get there just fine until a few months ago.

Anyway, back to the topic! Voice actors!!!
Lizardcommando, what's the news?

Come on man, hold your horses.

Just give me some lines to say or something and I'll record something for you.

He's in the confessional booth searching for forgiveness after unleashing Doom Jr. and Project-X on the welt. Jesus will never forgive him for such monstrosities commited to humanity.

Not at all. If you'd like to help, that's great! What kind of voices do you do, or are you just good at voice acting altogether?

I'll PM you some script once you confirm.
Keep in mind I'll be building the script as I build the mod, so over time I'll PM you the script pieces(with details on the voice, tone, etc.).

I can try voice acting if you'd like; I like the script idea, I'm not very good at improvising.

I'm fairly good in most fields except overly-high pitched stuff. It's kind of hard to explain, but I can send you a few WAVs of me if you wanted.

thanks for all the help! I'll pm with pieces of script to each of you.

Record in WAV format, PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono. I'll include these details in the PM anyway in case you miss them here.

okay, ive sent off some PMs. plasmaburst, it said that you aren't accepting PMs, is there any other way i can contact you for voice acting? thanks.

Thanks to everyone who showed up for being so helpful.

EDIT: HELLO? IS ANYONE THERE? Does no one read their PM's?

OK, LAST POST/BUMP:

Where did everybody go? At first, so much support, then suddenly everyone disappeared(and didn't read their PMs!). I know I'm asking you a favor so I can't dictate what you do, but I'm just wondering why everyone just vanished.

Losers can't receive PMs. As for the others, I have no idea.

PS: If you need a 'rapist' voice, according to some people, I'm your man.

Nick, I can do voice acting quite well, and would gladly do some for you, but I cant do multiple charaters very well (you need Cyb for that). But I have a really good voice (well, at least for a nerd :P). If you want I could send you a sample or something.

Still need help? i do voice overs for fun every now and then and would like to help out

Sorry Nick, I've been having Microphone troubles, my ghetto box (computer) has issues. If I can get it to turn out better than what it has, I'll send it to you. Again, sorry for my lack of response back.

I could do some voice acting if you like, I've been doing some other stuff lately, I have a wide selection of accents and voices, and also could do some of the demons if you'd like, I have some comedy stuff I did a while back on my hard drive, I could send it to you if you like...

I'm back from holidays and thank you everyone for showing up again.

Things are getting on back on track quickly, so expect more script coming along, ill send bits to everyone who's volunteering.