Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agnes

dsm's Standing on a strange world

Hello, everyone :D
I've been insanely busy the last year or so, and I broke my scanner a while ago, so it's been a long time since I did any fan art.

Anyway, I found that I still hadn't finished this one. What I'd already done was rather nasty, actually, so I just flattened the whole thing and did an overpaint. The JPG format really doesn't like red, but I hope it's good enough. Hope you like it :)

Woa, it's Agnes. Welcome back, I really liked this piece when dsm posted it, and it looks great colored. Good job!

Incredible atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing more from You. 5 stars from me :)

Whoa, welcome back and thanks for what you've done. It's really awesome and I love the dark, foreboding atmosphere (my own version is incredibly bright compared to it).

I do, however, have a little...er, 'criticism' towards the pic - mainly because I had something else in mind when I did the pic.

I think you made the entire scene too red. I mean, I like the dark atmosphere provided by the red colour and the red sunlight totally blows me away, but at the same time, it's a little boring that the picture is all red and black and little else. I'd have preferred that at least the stars would be a little more white and that the gas giant was of a different colour.

Still, it looks awesome and is in many ways better than what I imagined when I posted the original.

TheDarkArchon said:

That looks ace.

(It is Phobos, right?)

No, this was a pic I originally did for Wildman (who's kinda like the Master Fan Fic Writer of this forum; his stories made the rest of the fan fics look like steaming shit by comparison - sadly, he doesn't really post here anymore. Real life issues and lack of time and stuff).

Wildman did an incredible (but incomplete) fan fic called "Incident on Tei Tenga" - he wanted to make it into a novel and for that, he asked if anyone here was willing to do the cover art. He described a scene similar to what you see here - a landscape view of the fictional moon Tei Tenga. I decided to give it a try and posted my contribution. But since it was just pencils, I asked Agnes if she would mind trying her magic skills on it.

And here we are now!

Seeeex, ohhhh seeeex, where are you?

Oh, there you are, you're in this thread. Bad sex, bad, don't you run off on me again.

Um, yeah. Well that just about sums up the picture. Good to see you're still alive and posting, Agnes.

Glad you guys liked it :)

dsm said:
I think you made the entire scene too red. I mean, I like the dark atmosphere provided by the red colour and the red sunlight totally blows me away, but at the same time, it's a little boring that the picture is all red and black and little else. I'd have preferred that at least the stars would be a little more white and that the gas giant was of a different colour.

You're right. I can't recall why I chose to make it all red, either. It's easier, I suppose.

Tormentor667 said:
I was bored and in the Mood of doing something, I hope you don't mind at all :)

Not at all :) It proves dsm's point, I think. Looks a bit more interesting.