Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baronofhell

duke nukem forever

Not that I give a two shits, but duke nukem forever is a hoax. It's not coming out, it doesn't exist. Why else would a game take ages to come out, without any updates or info whatsoever. It's dead, there is no more duke(thank god)

Are all of your posts going to be this constructive?

baronofhell said:

Not that I give a two shits, but duke nukem forever is a hoax. It's not coming out, it doesn't exist. Why else would a game take ages to come out, without any updates or info whatsoever. It's dead, there is no more duke(thank god)

Sorry, but I'll just have to kick you in the teeth now.

I don't care how incompetent 3DRealms is (and they clearly are), pouring millions and millions of dollars into a project just to abandon it eight years down the line isn't something any publisher would do. They'll release the game eventually, horseshit or not, and get some of their money back.

No other hero can say 'Shake it, baby!' without ripping off Duke Nukem.

any idea where he keeps all of those $100 bills?

Eight years is ridiculous though. Think about it, EIGHT YEARS! What has happened in the world in eight years? And the last few years with absolutely no updates? No screens? Nothing!! That's why I think it's dead. They're probably making a brand new game or something else. I just don't see how a company could work on one title for so long. Seriously, that's twice as long as it took for doom3 to hit shelves.

AndrewB said:

Duke ain't a cool character. He's a vandal and a womanizer.

Who watches too much Army of Darkness and other Bruce Campbell flicks.

Oh come on, now. Every time they switch engines they have to start from scratch! I'd like to see you switch engines for your "big game" 4 times and finish it in a year or two.

Mabey if we're lucky a build of the game or some media will be leaked on the net.

They can take all the time in the world to finish it, I'm in no hurry. Although dated the trailer still looks very cool and I'm sure it will be a great game.

Aslong as they don't wank another boner such as Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project.

AndrewB said:

Duke ain't a cool character. He's a vandal and a womanizer.

No, he's a video game character that does slightly immoral things.

Technician said:

Aslong as they don't wank another boner such as Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project.

Hmm... I thought Manhattan Project was pretty good IMHO.

I liked it untile chinatown. Like to see Dr.(whats his name) back. DJ voices were even worse then Duke 3D If I heard Makin Bacon one more time I would have cut a vain.

I might be mistaken but I was browsing their forum and IIRC they re-started from scratch in early 2003. That makes me just want to shoot myself.

Lord FlatHead:
I don't care how incompetent 3DRealms is (and they clearly are), pouring millions and millions of dollars into a project just to abandon it eight years down the line isn't something any publisher would do. They'll release the game eventually, horseshit or not, and get some of their money back.

Not necessarily. Getting the game to stores and advertising it costs money. If the money needed for promotion is too high, they'll probably won't even bother...

I might be mistaken but I was browsing their forum and IIRC they re-started from scratch in early 2003. That makes me just want to shoot myself.

Yes, God forbid that they make choices YOU dislike about making a game that they pay money to make and work hard on just to make it. They don't care what anyone says because it's not up to anyone else. I could care less if they re-started again today, I'd figure they were just making something cooler. You do realize that maybe they did get far into the development only to find the game just sucks shit? It happened to Half-Life.

I think they're probably just a bunch of incompetent jerk-offs, and that is the reason it is taking so long. According to your theory, it took 3drealms twice as long to make a really shitty work-in-progress than the average dev would have needed to put out a finished product. So shitty in fact that they decided to scrap it all and try again. I'm not impressed.
Aww well, I shouldn't be mad at them. They'll probably end up making hand-held games or something.

I think the 3DR guys are just living of the assloads of money they got from all the other DN games. They'll throw a couple of pretty screens at you once in a while to make you think otherwise.

DNF is taking awhile because it's gonna rock, and they also have the right to shut up and make their game. Why spoil all secrets and feel, like Doom3's constant screenshot whorefest before release? Same for HL2 - alot of media can spoil experience of the game, since it becomes so predictable by now