Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kelzam

nine inch nails: 'with teeth' tracklist & teaser

NIN fans rejoice. For TR has posted the track list for With Teeth and also included a clip that is to be blunt, fucking awesome (though I'm sure the superiority complex of some is too high to possibly be excited over it). A five month delay between completion of an album and its release is ridiculous. If the album is done and they'll be touring even before then I don't see the point in delaying it so far. Anyway, here's the track list:

All the Love in the World
You Know What You Are?
The Collector
The Hand That Feeds
Love Is Not Enough
Everyday Is Exactly the Same
Only
Getting Smaller
Sun Spots
The Line Begins to Blur
Beside You in Time
Right Where it Belongs

So it looks like 13 "punches to the face" altogether. Awesome.

http://www.nin.com/current/index.html

Click on the small image under the latest update's date to view the teaser. You'll need quicktime.

gatewatcher said:

Why do we need 8 million posts about nine inch nails? FIND A NINE INCH NAILS BOARD.

Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Everything Else

Note: Stupidity is not an excuse for ignorance.

Interesting teaser.
I can't help wondering if this will be leaked on to the various P2P networks (weeks) before the offical release like so many other albums these days. The demand would be pretty strong on such a mainstream release.

gatewatcher said:

Your trolls are tired, and nobody cares. Get a life.

You should have stuck with your own advice, and left.

Heh, as if you have any place to call anyone a troll.

destx said:

Interesting teaser.
I can't help wondering if this will be leaked on to the various P2P networks (weeks) before the offical release like so many other albums these days. The demand would be pretty strong on such a mainstream release.

Problem is, is that now that the track list has been released, people will start releasing a bunch of fake crap onto p2p networks. There's already supposed "bleedthrough" tracks floating around like "The Last Inch", "I Machine", etc., that are fake.

darknation said:

that clip rules. Love it.

wtf? it sounds as though it were ripped straight from the fragile and then put through a distortion filter

Xenphire said:

Problem is, is that now that the track list has been released, people will start releasing a bunch of fake crap onto p2p networks.

Well, that could be a good thing - for the band.

But what's with these fake files? You'd have to be a total fucking asshole to mislabel your files then waste your bandwidth for the sole purpose of irritating a few people.

destx said:

You'd have to be a total fucking asshole to mislabel your files then waste your bandwidth for the sole purpose of irritating a few people.

Or a company hired by the label to prevent music piracy.

gatewatcher said:

Or a company hired by the label to prevent music piracy.

Yeah, but these fake file distributors always use the band's prior music, or music from other bands that sound similar. I don't think they'd fight piracy with piracy.

darknation said:

And? I love the fragile and I love distortion filters.

Well, I guess I thought maybe he wouldn't just regurgitate the same sound. For an album anyway. I mean, his 3 other albums really sound nothing alike and I shouldn't expect this one to break that...

Ah whatever, who the fuck am I kidding anyway? I doubt I'll bother to buy/listen to the album anyway.

it's pretty insane to judge reznor's 'new sound' from a 20 second clip anyway. If I was cynical, and I am, I would say that teh rez choose a clip that wouldn't alienate anyone. It's hard edged enough to appeal to the broken / TDS crowd, it's layered and 'epic' enough to appeal to the fragile gimps and has the crap-tastic 80's synth vibe running all the way through to nail the PHM faggots.

They'll probably do a longer trailor for it like they've done with the last few NIN releases, hopefully one of which might have lyrics. I'm somewhat curious to see how Trent's voice has aged in the last six years. I'm more curious to see how he's pulled off a track called "All The Love in the World"...

Five years, and all he has to show for it is 13 tracks? What has he been doing with all his time?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan, but I'm getting a little exhausted here.

Aseph said:

Five years, and all he has to show for it is 13 tracks? What has he been doing with all his time?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan, but I'm getting a little exhausted here.

I think once he said he had alot more than that recorded. He'll probably release some b-sides on the "The Hand That Feeds" single since he usually does that with singles (how many tracks were there on the Closer to God single? I know it was like 7 altogether, maybe more), and then there's also the remix cd that usually comes out after the actual album. We'll get more than 13 tracks, don't worry.

To be honest, I don't care how many tracks there are. I'm just glad we're finally getting some new NIN. Although the bonus disk for Downward Sprial was a breath of fresh air...

No NIN fan should go another instant without hearing the song "Burn" off that disk.

How is Heresy, The Becoming and Reptile on it? I have yet to listen to the Deluxe version. Those were some of my favorite songs from the original.

You rule, dude. I feel the exact same way. Although Eraser is probably my favorite...

Anyway, it all sounds great. When they say "remastered", they aren't kidding.

darknation said:

crap-tastic 80's synth vibe running all the way through to nail the PHM faggots.

NO

Xenphire said:

All the Love in the World

NIN HALO 20: ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD REMIXES
Track listing
-ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD (Radio Edit)
-ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD (Love makes the world go round remix)
-LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH (quiet)

Hmmn...

Head like a hole
Pinion
Mr. Self Destruct
Somewhat damaged...

All the love in the world? Huh.

As for the clip... meh. It sounds like the track just before "I'm looking forward to joining you finnally" which is a nice instrumental, but not exactly a "punch in the face". However, like dn said, no need to just an album by it's teaser clip... well not in so many words, but anyway.

I have faith that even if the album is mellow, it will still be good. Just not in that Broken/Downward Spiral way.