Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Official Realm667 Section Opened!

Okay, Doomworld won't post my news about it so I write up something for you here in the forums!

I managed to create a very own KDiZD section on my homepage with official and unreleased information, screenshots and material about the ZDoom package!

You can find it over @ http://www.tormentor667.de or this direct link!

What will you find:
- Introduction (info on KDiZD)
- History (the developement)
- Promotion (some more ads)
- Comments (comments from doomers)
- Features (list of features)
- Statistics (statistics on maps)
- Comparisation Screenshots (self-explanary)
- More Screenshots (yeah, more of them!)
- Goodies (well, be surprised)
- Files (nothing yet)

Feel also free to give me a small guestbook entry :) It is sooo empty ;)

Hey, I have posted news about this project before, and generally it's a policy for DW not to post news about projects unless you at least have a website. I'm surprised it took you guys this long to actually remedy that situation.

Fredrik said:

All the screenshots look worse than the original levels except those from E1M9.

Care explaining why?

Fredrik said:

All the screenshots look worse than the original levels except those from E1M9.

At least they're not all monotonously grey and full of copy 'n' pasted detail *cough*.

Of course it's not episode 1. If we were going to make episode 1 then we wouldn't have had any work to do, since it's already been done.

If you prefer the original episode, play the original episode. Prefferably stop all the complaining you're at it.

Personally I think the obsessive need to criticize about something other people made in their spare time (which in many peoples' case is extremely limited) ruins a person's personality far more than a bunch of amateur level designers could ever ruin the levels for a computer game.

I'm just saying that other wads like Fava Beans look like ep1. This is very detailed and modern. It looks great and I'm sure it'll play great, but ep1 is much different.

That Fava Beans is entirely in the episode 1 style is highly debatable. There are numerous variations in almost every map.

BTW please show me where any of the KDiZD team ever said we were planning to stick exactly to the episode 1 style. I certainly never said that, and I don't recall anyone else saying it either.

And if an "episode 1 style" level has to consist of as many texture misalignments, illogical and ugly texture/flat usage, and rather bland architecture as the original episode 1, I'm glad we chose to vary from the theme.

NiGHTMARE said:

BTW please show me where any of the KDiZD team ever said we were planning to stick exactly to the episode 1 style.

Sorry, I though by saying 'The way episode 1 was meant to be' meant that you would stick to an episode 1 theme but focuse on more detail and gameplay.

But if episode 1 had been different than it is, then consequently "episode 1 theme" would have been different as well.

Not impressed by the 'before/after' screenshots. Detailing up a room created by someone else certainly doesn't impress me. Some of them look as if the authors were trying just a bit too hard too. The 'original' parts of KDiZD are what will make or break the wad for me.

I'd also leave the comedy advertisement to Scuba too...

Why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch over KDiZD? I've never seen so many DOOMers turn into whiny, histrionic manbabies. It's just another .wad, guys .. sheesh.

I agree with udderdude. Why argue about a wad that you don't like when, get this, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY IT.

Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with how it's going. I remember at one time I got a few of the wads in development and played around and I must say that it's superb. Great job, guys, can't wait to see it.

Use3D said:

Because there is beauty in simplicity, fools.

That is no excuse for not putting better architecture into yer map, lazy arse :P

Use3D said:

Because there is beauty in simplicity, fools.

And there is many times more beauty in complexity, ingrate.

Okay, I took some time to consider all those obvious problems, whiners have with KDiZD and this is what I came up with:

10 Reasons Why You Hate KDiZD
====================================
1. We base our work on the original E1 maps!
2. We don't create another E1-styled E1 replacement with simplicity
3. We use the acronym KDiZD
4. We work with a heavy amount of detail
5. We can't reveal gameplay in the screenshots
6. We are a team of skilled mappers
7. We do a lot of hype to keep you interested
8. We work hard on our WAD and use the power of constructive criticism
9. We create the WAD using the power of ZDoom
10. I am the Team-Leader

=====================================

So, while reading this reasons, you might have found several things which are obvious totally unclear for you, which are no reaseon to hate KDiZD. Well, actually I am kind enough today, to explain something for the general understanding!

======================================
The reason why you hate KDiZD is...
1. the fact that there have been hundreds of other Doomers who did this and never created something decent as we do right now, and that's why it sucks!
2. the fact that you is waiting for another E1 replacement like those, we already have, but which we won't provide for you being disappointed, and that's why it sucks!
3. the fact that you can't remember and pronounce it and that's the reasin why KIDZCNE sucks!
4. the fact that your machine or even your jealous ego can't handle this and that's why KDiZD sucks heavily!
5. the fact that you just see 100% detail and 0% gameplay in our screens and so on, your mind - ever searching for reasons why KDiZD might suck - finds another source for it to suck, and that's why it sucks!
6. the fact that - out of jealousy - KDiZD sucks and why your sucking maps can't keep up with our by far more sucking wad!
7. the fact that we achieve a lot of interest with this hype, overall positiv interest, and that's why KDiZD sucks in your eyes!
8. the fact that we spend a lot of time to make it perfect and that we spend a lot of time to include every single comment into our work but unfortunately with a sentence like "It sucks" (or other similar criticism) we can't do much more and that's why it sucks!
9. the fact that you love Vavoom or Legacy or Doomsday or DoomGl or whatever and that's why it sucks!
10. the fact that it must suck, because I suck heavily!

=====================================

So beyond kidding, listen to me closely and be honest enough: We, the team around KDiZD, work a lot on this project and we included every single possible personal opinion and criticism to make it better. We put a lot of time and energy into this mod and honestly we don't do this for ourselves, first at all we want to provide some masterpiece to you, something you like to play every once in a while because it bond you as the original Episode 1 still does. We are skilled mappers, our previous work has shown, that we can achieve something memorable. And to be honest: Everyone who says, that the compared screenshots of KDiZD are not by far better then their originals must be blind or has another reason to say so!

What I don't understand is why some of you guys badmouth our project at all costs. There are hundreds of - by far - more mediocre maps and wads then KDiZD which get - by far - better previews and criticism then we do! And why? Sorry, but if you are honest, we don't deserve this shit! Just think about it!

I don't mind the KDiZD project, but this comment makes me a little angry:

1. the fact that there have been hundreds of other Doomers who did this and never created something decent as we do right now, and that's why it sucks!

So my lousy attempts at recreating a couple of E1 maps weren't decent at all? Meh, I don't find them great in any way or form, but I know they are at least good enough to be deemed decent.

Yeah okay the project looks like 50x as good as my feeble attempts, but keep in mind that I am not a team of about 10 people.

Your maps don't count in what Tormentor said, because they aren't modified versions of the original levels, rather they're recreations of the original levels.

Get your heads out of your own arses and realise that just because your supposed godly team of mappers made something doesn't mean everybody is going to like it. Some of the attitudes of the team members are reminding me more and more of the Doom64 team...

I see nothing wrong with detail or 'basing' your work on the original E1 maps. My problem is, from some of the screens and from some of the (admittadly unfinished) maps that I've played, literally huge chunks of the original levels have been lifted and very little has been changed (bar the addition of a few hundred sectors for the sake of detail). That's certainly not going to impress me. But still, I guess I'll have to wait until it's finished to see how the more original parts play.

The Flange Peddler said:

My problem is, from some of the screens and from some of the (admittadly unfinished) maps that I've played, literally huge chunks of the original levels have been lifted and very little has been changed (bar the addition of a few hundred sectors for the sake of detail). That's certainly not going to impress me.

And how did You got Your hands on the maps? Congratulations, You just spoiled Yourself. You don't seem to keep in mind those versions of maps You stolen from our thread (thankfully Randy setup us a special hidden forums so we can avoid such situations) were very early-stages. Our project is certainly NOT only about adding detail, there are a lot of new and innovative concepts there that we can't represent in the screenshots. Buttload of detail in the author's map doesn't make him great (and considering detail, You're the one who has the voice in the case, judging by Your detailed maps) but making the maps great in every aspect, gameplay including.
First You get Your head out of the butt because You failed to realise our project is not only detail, just because You played an early version of the map and tought so.

Some of the attitudes of the team members are reminding me more and more of the Doom64 team...

If they managed to make the Doom64TC I don't give a rat's ass about their atitidues-the D64TC is by far (with the exception of Batman TC) the best work of the community when it comes to total conversions. If such ambition can't be parted with the "attitude" then we accept both for the good of our players out there.

The Flange Peddler said:

Did I not say 'admittadly unfinished' and 'I'll have to wait and see until it's finished...'?

:) Must've missed it somewhere, but that's right, please hold the opinions on wad before You play it :)

Doom64 team...

The Doom64 TC was great, though.. :P

I keep forgetting that there was actually a team of people working on that project instead of just one person. Not quite sure why, though..

I don't understand what's wrong with the D64TC team. Can anyone enlighten me perhaps?