Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KennyJC

Dreamed up Doom levels

Last night, I once again dreamed that I was playing Doom. I woke up, and thought to myself "That was a really shit hot Doom level!". Also, unrelated but I found it quite funny, it involved an Arch Vile pissing at me because he must've not had his normal powers.

But anyway, it got me thinking to some of the 100's or 1000's of times I dreamt about Doom that involved stunning levels, and how cool it would be to make them for real. Unfortunately a dream has no limited restrictions whereas Doom probably has, and just wouldn't look as cool as you dreamed up.

I suppose I just wondered if you guys had these dreams and even turned them into reality!

KennyJC said:

Last night, I once again dreamed that I was playing Doom. I woke up, and thought to myself "That was a really shit hot Doom level!". ...
But anyway, it got me thinking to some of the 100's or 1000's of times I dreamt about Doom that involved stunning levels, and how cool it would be to make them for real.

and i thought i was a dork. :)

Anders Johnsen wrote in the AV text file that Map28 "Whispering Shadows" was based on a dream he had... I tend to have a lot of Doomy dreams too but not many of them make it into map form.

xit-vono said:

I have the feeling most of these dream levels seemed cooler in the dream than they do in real life :P

Agreed, lol
Imaginations never have limits, while game engines always do.

Thats the thing though, I haven't really played Doom properly for a few years. But yet, I always occassionally have the dream about shooting imps and demons.

Last nights dream seemed to come out of the blue, but I just realised that before I went to bed that night I was thinking of the fact that I was addicted to Doom in a bad way once upon a time, hence the dream.

Unfortunatly half my dreams wouldn't be realised in an editor unless I was more creative and the editor knew no bounds. But I can still remember levels/dreams from 10 years ago which makes me feel old.