Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

LANO Doom2 LAN Results

Erm, this email kind of came out of nowhere, so I'll let it explain itself:

The tourney just finished, here are the top 4. 8 People in total participated in the tournament, 1 on 1 old school rules on map01. ZDaemon was used for maximum ease of playing and live coverage on a 6x5 meter canvas. When will they make a decent spy/cam in Zdaemon? Zokum won a Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT.

1st. Zokum
2nd. Maniac
3rd. Duke
4th. Mother

So um, yeah. If anyone knew about this, I hope it satisfies your quench for answers/results.

When will they make a decent spy/cam in Zdaemon?

Spy on someone, type 'chase 0' in the console. Wham, you have a half-assed first person view.

no offense to Zokum meant (I played him while going to Anders's norway 2001 LAN) but if he won this tournament that means the other players are really lame :)

About Devastation going there, not really possible since it was a north european event and Dev lives in Canada.

Fuck off Vince, you didn't beat me that badly, and I didn't lose the tourney we had at that party either. There were several people behind me. :-) I've always said I'm no map01 player really. People who did well against me on map01 had serious problems VS me on map11, it's just different tastes.

MasterOFDeath said:

Wonder if DevestatioN went to it. He goes to alot of the DOOM LANs.

I didn't know there were a lot of Doom DM LANs, or any, for that matter.

There's Christlan. Everyonce in a while me and my friend Markus fires up SKulltag on my computers and has a go at it, we usually let internet people in aswell though, so it's a Lanternet game in all honesty.

:p

VinceDSS said:

no offense to Zokum meant (I played him while going to Anders's norway 2001 LAN) but if he won this tournament that means the other players are really lame :)

ROFL wow you really are a dick

Speaking of nothing -- hey Zokum, what happened to that kick-ass map you were working on (intended to be in HR2)? Are you still working on it?

Kristian: Yes.<br>
Ling: I agree, I looked up the tourney stats, vince beat me 50-37 and 50-24. We're not exactly talking the trashing of a lifetime when it comes to map01 here.

What I was trying to say (I agree it was rude) is that no DM big guns showed up at that tourney. Zokum has never been know as a real good DM player (neither am I, we both are mediocre players), this shows the rather low level of the tourney.

my prev. post was rude for sure, I deserve flaming.. so if you want to keep on go ahead ... maybe I am maso :)

ling : yeah, I was a dick in that post, prolly too much wine :)

Haha, I'd totally forgotten you worked on HR2, Zokum.
Yeah, kick it into gear and release that map, I want to play it.

By the way, you got something left of the Brotherhood Of Vengeance work we did?

Apology accepted :-) Basically, people can't travel all over the world for these kinds of tourneys with so low prizes. It was more or less pure luck we got a prize this year. There were 106 people at the party, so 8 people in the compo is not too shabby.