Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

Blink 182 splits, depressed teenagers suicide in masses

To me, their music was nothing more but a rock excuse to sound like a load of spoiled rich-kids dumb enough to think that they need to 'fit in'. Really, they are a lot like NSYNC or the Backstreet Boys, just in the rock genre. That, and the lead singer's voice just doesn't work well with rock.

And now there's Bowling for Soup. I hate them.

Isle said:

emo

Green Gates said:

rock

Stealthy Ivan said:

punk

Make up your minds, guys :P.

Who cares about them breaking up? I'm waiting for my fix of entertainment by hearing news of mass teen suicides ;)

Green Gates said:

1 4|\/| 31337 ^____^

Translation: They're a bunch of jerks because they're not as cool as you or your awesome true punk band and they have more fans and probably talent not to mention they suck because they're emo which only rich kids listen to along with nsync because they like to fit in and because the lead singer sounds funny.

PS- I'm pretty sure the two guitar players share vocal duties, neither of which sound much different than, oh say greenday.

NiGHTMARE said:

Pop = popular. Were Blink 182 particular popular? I think not.

Heh I had a huge argument on #zdoom with Assmaster on that (I wasn't banned yet, I was banned about a week later..coincedence??) and needless to say I won. Of course no one would aknowledge my victory, because right when I showered them with facts and proof, they abrubtly changed the subject but I still won >:( grrr...

Heh anyway, Pop has broken off into something else besides just "popular music" and has become it's own subgenre.

This is how I won the argument mainly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music

Depending on context, pop music is either an abbreviation of popular music or, more recently, a term for a sub-genre of it.

The subgenre of pop is perhaps the most widely crowd-pleasing form of all popular music. Some of the defining musical characteristics of the subgenre are the presence of a hook, and production techniques which are somewhat reliant on the musical fashions of the time.

NiGHTMARE said:

Pop = popular. Were Blink 182 particular popular? I think not.

Yes they were. Have they been as of late? Perhaps not, but at one time they certainly were.

gatewatcher said:

wtf teh matter wit u u suk man i mean cmon man u 2 odd 2 liv >___< blink182 pwnz ur ass dunno y but they do if u say no u suk u little shit :( cuz ya dont hav no ski33z cuz dey popular mor then u wtf rong wit u OMFG LOL!!!

*Sighs*

I never said that they were emo or that all who listened to them were idiots trying to fit in. Call it a method of blowing off some steam through some over-the-top exaggeration, because so many of the fans I've met of Blink 182 (if not the all new Bowling for Soup) were those stuck up valley punks, the type you'd meet in high school every day. And those sorts of people were the types who would just love to fit in and become some clone. What makes these sorts of people stupid is not that they like Blink 182, but because a big reason for a majority of them listening to Blink 182 all the time is because they want to feel that they're fitting in to some 'cool crowd'. This is why there's so much stereotyping and insecurity about people being automatically stupid because they like popular music, which is also somewhat related to the jokes being made about all blondes being more stupid than those with a different hair color. And yes, there are indeed quite a bit of these sorts of punks who root for bands like Green Day. Sure, some for the minority punk rock bands I've enjoyed, but bands like these especially. I listen to these bands because I like them and see them as an amazing way of life, not to make some point as if through listening to some sort of music that I'm 'hip' and those who listen to anything else are 'square' or 'uncool'.

In truth, I don't mind Blink 182 TOO much, although I don't really care for them. When it all comes down, I simply hate a majority of their audience. I'm actually sort of glad they ended, however, because their music was becoming annoying. Hopefully each of them will join bands that many of us here can enjoy more.

insertwackynamehere said:

The usual

First of all you left the channel to do god knows what. So I dunno what this whole topic-changing business is about.

Secondly, what in the hell does "sub-genre of popular music" mean? Lil' bit less popular? That is equivalent of calling popular music a genre.

You win nothing, as usual.

As to the topic at hand, I liked their first two albums. Kinda lost interest in them after that. Cant say I really feel bad about the breakup.

I know of a great many people who claim to like Iron Maiden, Guns 'n' Roses, etc simply because it helps them fit in with the crowd they want to fit in with. Does this mean such bands are "pop" as well?

where on their site does it say they have split?

I WANT PROOF!

They used to have quite an original sound, but sunk into crapass sounding "music" and jackass-wannabe hijinks which made them... the poser band.

Amaster said:

First of all you left the channel to do god knows what. So I dunno what this whole topic-changing business is about.

Secondly, what in the hell does "sub-genre of popular music" mean? Lil' bit less popular? That is equivalent of calling popular music a genre.

You win nothing, as usual.

As to the topic at hand, I liked their first two albums. Kinda lost interest in them after that. Cant say I really feel bad about the breakup.

Why are you taking it so seriously? The part about you and the banning was a joke, and my idea of pop music is an opinion

Jehar said:

I WANT PROOF

I AM A MORON! I AM A BANNED MORON TOO!!

http://www.blink182.com/

"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

Hm............

If you ever heard their REALLY early material, Blink was actually a decent band. They sounded nothing like what they have lately, which has been just pure garbage.

and my idea of pop music is an opinion

facts and proof