Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

Blink 182 splits, depressed teenagers suicide in masses

Relica Religia said:

If you ever heard their REALLY early material, Blink was actually a decent band. They sounded nothing like what they have lately, which has been just pure garbage.

Hmm. I'll try it out. That sounds a lot like Old Green Day: First two albums were great, but beyond that they turned to... Nothing much.

Yeah heard the bad news this morning. Blink 182 wasn't that bad, and they weren't even emo in my eyes. Hey sweet maybe Travis will come back to the Aquabats now!

What's this strange sensation overpowering me? It's an emotion that seems so familiar and yet so indescribable...oh, wait...it's the realization that I couldn't possibly give less of a crap. Ever.

You couldn't give a crap about Blink 182, yet you opened up, read and posted in a thread about them splitting up?

Interesting... :P

NiGHTMARE said:

You couldn't give a crap about Blink 182, yet you opened up, read and posted in a thread about them splitting up?

Interesting... :P

I couldn't help but exert the effort to voice my overwhelming apathy. :P

Green Gates said:

gatewatcher said:
wtf teh matter wit u u suk man i mean cmon man u 2 odd 2 liv >___< blink182 pwnz ur ass dunno y but they do if u say no u suk u little shit :( cuz ya dont hav no ski33z cuz dey popular mor then u wtf rong wit u OMFG LOL!!!

Hopefully each of them will join bands that many of us here can enjoy more.

First of all, that quote job you did of me was retarded. OK. Next, I didn't read your entire response because honestly you're like a broken record, everything you post revolves around the fact that you know everything, and even more reoccurring is that you have a problem with anything and everything with some measure of popularity. What are you jealous or something? FINE, but no one cares, just stop fucking mentioning it in every single post you make.

Lastly, you've been around for a week, how can you possibly know what "many of us here can enjoy more?' You can't.

I believe Ska Punk is what they're usually slotted in to.

Dammit was one of those penultimate 90's teen songs. Everything else reeked. Now they can't pollute the world with rubbish anymore (joy!)

I have often wondered how much bandwidth, time and stress everyone would save themselves if they stopped being so bloody obsessed with arguing over which band is what genre. I don't give a fuck personally. I either like a band or I don't.

Re: the title of this thread... regardless of how terrible Blink 182 may/may not be, it's not exactly the kind of music people listen to while they're depressed ;). It's way too jumpy and upbeat for that.

NiGHTMARE said:

it's not exactly the kind of music people listen to while they're depressed ;).

Actually, I told someone about it at school and they started crying. Fortuntately I was able to restrain myself from laughing.

Heh what did thier name even mean? A lot of kids I knew loved them but I dont really enjoy alternative except for a few songs which are so popular they dont really count.

Anyway Blink-182, what does it mean? Theres "Blink" and then "182". Perhaps the "-" is a minus?

Blink - 182, maybe it's algebra.

But then it doesnt have anything on the other side of the equals sign :( Maybe it's it's assumed to be zero, but then Blink - 182 = 0 or Blink = 182 is about as far as we could get.

Unless the letters and numbers are directly proportional (a=1,b=2,etc). Then its (2)(12)(9)(14)(11) = 182.
Of course 2*12*9*14*11 = 33264 which when divided by 182 (and rounded down to the nearest whole number) gives you 182. Maybe we are close to unlocking the secret...

182 is in fact equal to 1!!!

Blink - 182 = 0
Blink = 182
(2)(12)(9)(14)(11) = 182
33264 = 182
182 = 1

Just for the record, Blink-182 sounds nothing like emo.

NiGHTMARE said:

Pop = popular. Were Blink 182 particular popular? I think not.

I think yes. They were the bee's knees of MTV for at least half a year and every fucking prep-type and skater at my school was into them.

NiGHTMARE said:

I know of a great many people who claim to like Iron Maiden, Guns 'n' Roses, etc simply because it helps them fit in with the crowd they want to fit in with. Does this mean such bands are "pop" as well?

Guns 'n' Roses is definitely pop. Iron Maiden could concievably be called pop. They have a very large fan base, but they have very little radio coverage and no MTV coverage whatsoever.

deathz0r said:

Actually, I told someone about it at school and they started crying. Fortuntately I was able to restrain myself from laughing.

f-ing lol! :)

Man, this really fucking sucks. I liked them a lot.

EDIT: Everything before their latest album, that is. I think that's what fucked them over.

Ever notice how shitty modern rock bands come in pairs, we had..

Blink 182 and Sum 41

Weezer and Wheatus

Greenday and Operation Ivy (if i remember they had similar logos)

NOFX and MXPX

Linkin Park and..some band with a similar name that i dont even remember, they where that 'good'