Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMSAYA

DOOM 3 McFarlane Action figures Petition

You saying you wouldnt buy them?

Not that signing a petition would help, but it would be pretty kickass to have a 6" doomguy.

I've heard of on-line petitions occassionally even having exactly the opposite effect than they intended, as whoever's involved in the thing being petitioned for/against just ends up gets pissed off by it all and decides to return the favour.

You know people. With an attitude like that, of course a petition wont work. But, there is always a chance. As long as I have enough signatures with comments. Mature and to the point comments, that is. Say a little over 100.

Just because some petitions haven't worked in the past, doesn't make it impossible.

So, forget about what might not happen, and sign it if you really want those action figures. I'll do my best to contact them directly.

If they know we want it, it will come.

"Some" petions not having worked is rather inaccurate. 99,999/100,000 petitions not having worked is more like it :P.

Amazing... I read the first line and went "Oooo" then I read the second half and said "Barf".

Besides, McFarlane should make Ghostbusters figures for their movie maniacs line, duh.

Maybe most petitions dont work, because most petitions are done poorly. Or for reasons that are of uninterest to the rest of the community. ID Software and McFarlane toys know they have fans. And a lot, at that. Maybe not just a petition will help. But, maybe it will boost their thoughts in that direction.

Things dont always appear out of thin air, without our help.

99,999/100,000 is good enough for me. As long as its not 0

That would be cool. I think that Mcfarlane toys would be one of the only comps to do them right. Though if the company that made the QuakeII figs around I think they could do some bad ass figs also. It would be cool to have some 2 packs with the Doom1 monsters and a fig of there Doom3look.

If you really want something to work, there are more effective methods than an on-line petition.

Snail mail campaigns (i.e. sending physical letters to whoever you want to do something) are definitely more effective. They have, for example, rescued several TV series from cancellation (albeit usually only temporarily), including the original Star Trek and Roswell.

Yeah, WHATAHELL. You got my vote. But I would prefer "HOBBY JAPAN" to do all the character models though. No disrespect to McFarlane. But the JAPs always do the best videogame/Motion Pic/Anime models. Just my opinion........

Tsar,

tsareppsun said:

But the JAPs always do the best videogame/Motion Pic/Anime models.

Oxymoron: Good anime.

Just my opinion...