Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pickle965

Mousepad of DooM

Computer graphics class is the shiznit:

Was funny walking around school carrying that thing, everyone seemed obligated to remind me how old DooM is and how long ago they used to play it.

It's a printed sheet heat pressed onto a foam rubber mousepad base. The computer grahpics teacher has hundreds of these blank mouse pads in the back room, so I'm tempted to make a few other designs.

that's pretty goddamn sexy

only non-bland mousepads i've got lying around are this really tiny one that came with my old computer and this shitty one that has some drawing of these kids in a spaceship made of out of soda cans and shit hovering over pennsylvania and using a magic garbage-collecting ray and at the bottom it talks about the kid who drew it and how great pennsylvania is :\

oh boy here it is:

but who the hell still uses mousepads anyway?

I'm just curious, did you just use the 320x240 titlepic from the Ultimate Doom? Wouldn't the picture enlarged look very pixelated?

As for me, I'm using my Spear of Destiny mousepad from the intruction manual art. :P

I did use the 320x240 titlepic for my pad. Dooms graphics are blocky to begin with and for being enlarged quite a bit it actually turned out looking pretty good. For those of you who want mouse pads I found pretty nice looking high-res titlepic remakes.

If I can make some for you guys how does $8 shipped sound? I'll keep the choices to the original 320x240 DooM titlepics and high-res title pics for now to keep things simple.

pickle965 said:

If I can make some for you guys how does $8 shipped sound?

Sounds good. You can PM me, I'll take a high res doom2!

pickle965 said:

If I can make some for you guys how does $8 shipped sound?

I'd like doom in hi-res. Shoot me a PM.

We have a snow day here in Jersey, so I won't be able to use the computer lab to make any until Monday. I'll wait until then to finalize any purchases. Please, no buyers out the continental United States. Ok and maybe Canada.

Got it man. I will be waiting.

Make mine d1 lo-res :P

Damn double post. mod delete the previous one.

there are stores that do these sorts of things. not trying to take bussness away from the first poster or anything :)

looks pretty cool. brings back memories :)

pickle965 said:

Computer graphics class is the shiznit:

Was funny walking around school carrying that thing, everyone seemed obligated to remind me how old DooM is and how long ago they used to play it.

lucky smegger

Choices (for now) include the following:

Classic Ultimate DooM

Classic DooM II

DooM High Resolution

DooM II High Resolution

Obviously the classic ones don't come out as sharp. I'll be able to make pads beginning this Friday, so if any one wants any I'll need a payment before hand. Price is $8 shipped within the continental US. Paypal or money order is acceptable, drop me a PM and let me know what you want.

Thanks,
EJ

That's awesome, looks great. Did you make both of those remakes in the JDUI pack? About a free pad, you definitly deserve it... let me know your address in the UK and I'll see what I can do.

Excellent, cheers dude! I'll PM you my address shortly.

Nah I didn't do both, DaniJ that did the Doom 2 one using the brom painting. Maybe you should send him one too :)

Anyway, once I started on it again I couldn't stop, and replaced the horribly plain poster background with something of my own. Feel free to use this one as well:

http://www.stateoftheworld.eclipse.co.uk/doom/stuffage/cleanup3.png

All that orange was getting to me...

Figures... my school is giving me a hard time about making these, even though I'm paying them what they had asked for each... which doesn't make sense. Simply put, I don't think I can make any more, but atleast I was able to make ones for people that had already payed. It sucks and I'm sorry I can't make any for the rest of you.

EJ