Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iamthejake2000

ssg sound pitch lowering

i'm using windoom and the ssg reloading sounds' pitches are cut in half. i made a wad that replaces the ssg reloading sounds with ones with the pitch doubled, and the sounds play normally in the game, except they're lower quality.

i used to use windoom a long time ago and i don't remember this. i know very little c++, but i did look at the source code and i couldn't find anything. does anyone know what the problem is?

thanks.

The problem is, the ssg sounds are 22khz 8bit mono, and Windoom (WTF THAT IS OUT OF DATE SON) plays everything back at 11khz.

The early DOS ports had the same problem. The sample rate of the ssg sounds is different to all of the other sounds.

alright, thanks.

anyway, i like windoom because i like to play doom as close to the dos version as possible. i'd play the original executables if i didn't use windows xp.

Windoom is "purer" in some respects, Prboom (and equivalents) in others.

Also, there are two different Windooms; the pre source release version that led to Doom95, and the Dosdoom-based one.

Actually, to be quite honest, Skulltag probably has the closest function to DOS Doom in its Oldschool mode, but I've never heard of it used for Single Player.