Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

New Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil Trailer

Doom3maps.org (german site) has updated with an all new trailer for id software's upcoming expansion pack for Doom 3. It looks like there's a lot more to it than a couple of new monsters and some levels. Definitely worth a look (requires quicktime or compatible player).

Well, the gravity gun looks like it'll be cool. Seems you can actually grab enemies with it (at least the cherubs). I assume that floating heart thingy allows you to control time or whatever.

SSG looks sweet.

<insert 50 "Doom 3 sucks lolz" posts here>

Seriously though, from the trailer, it looks like it's going to be great. Can't wait for it. The Super ShotGun looks awesome (as does everything else)

Amaster said:

I assume that floating heart thingy allows you to control time or whatever.

Supposedly there's four of these, or four power upgrades for it, each with a different power.

Heh, so someone finally included the old "slow down time to get past a fast moving obstacle" puzzle in an FPS. Certain other genres (especially consoles games) have been using that for years ;).

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, so someone finally included the old "slow down time to get past a fast moving obstacle" puzzle in an FPS. Certain other genres (especially consoles games) have been using that for years ;).

You just love to look for things to badmouth about, don't you? :P

I think I heard in some interview that you will need to slow down time to even SEE certain demons.

THAT is cool

It looks like little ol id has made some updates to the game\engine. Look at his fingers. They dont look half burned off anymore. and is it me or is it a little brighter on mars than before?
This trailer actualy made me excited about the grav gun... that never happened before.
Is that even doomguy? if so... looks like hes getting a little tired of all this and is getting a little mad.

How come the people who make these trailers always have the worst aim\reflexes?

Jehar said:

Is that even doomguy? if so... looks like hes getting a little tired of all this and is getting a little mad.

Have you been paying attention at all since the first news of it came out? You don't play the same guy, you play a combat engineer, and it takes place 2 years after DOOM 3, implying that the Doomguy would never want to return back.

Now for my opinion of the trailer now that I've seen it.

Simply put, I need no other screenshots or whatever to hype me up. Now that I've finally seen some actual moving footage of the expansion all I need now is to actually play it to enter total bliss.

If you ask me, I think this expansion will focus less on the story and more on the action, unlike Doom 3 itself. That's good, it gives a balance to the gameplay where Doom 3 was lacking (not that I hated Doom 3...I loved it). And as pointed out, both the Super Shotgun and the heart artifacts just look awesome enough, and seeing them in action...*creams jeans*. You'll notice in the trailer when the player is actually using the artifact there's one big heart icon flashing on the status bar and two smaller ones right below it. I guess the big one tells you that you're using it and the smaller ones tell you how much of it's total power you've gained?

Jehar said:

It looks like little ol id has made some updates to the game\engine. Look at his fingers.

Id is not making the expansion pack. I highly doubt Nerve made any changes to the graphics area of the engine. It's just different artwork. Although I have no idea what you mean by the fingers of the previous main character.

So you can actually see what's happening on the screen. And so you can see how "cool" (whether or not you actually think so) the enemy attacks look, and how it looks when they connect with the player.

Jehar said:

If you ever watched the old Pacman GAME OVER demos (the things that play on the screen when no one is actually playing) the person who controlled Pacman for the recording is a complete dumbass. He goes into monsters, avoids powerup pellets, and then doesnt eat the monsters when he's powered up. People watching that think "Dammit that guy sucks. How hard could it be? I mean come'on if I put in a quarter I could probably do a million times better!" *inserts quarter*

It's an advertising trick. Atleast that's the way I've always seen it :P

Dodge said:

You just love to look for things to badmouth about, don't you? :P

I'm not badmouthing, quite the opposite. I'm glad an FPS is actually doing something reasonably innovative, even if it is something which has been used in other genres (platform games and RPGs both spring to mind) countless times ;).

Arioch said:

Supposedly there's four of these, or four power upgrades for it, each with a different power.

Aren't those to supposed to be the hearts, or something, each belonging to one of three or four demon overlords?

Amaster said:

Although I have no idea what you mean by the fingers of the previous main character.

So you didnt notice how the fingers of the d3 characters look like they got run through a rusty jet engine?

Trailers always give a good impression. I won't have my final opinion until I get to play it.

Jehar said:

So you didnt notice how the fingers of the d3 characters look like they got run through a rusty jet engine?

Huh?

Kaiser said:

Trailers always give a good impression.

That's not what certain people said about the trailers for Doom 3... ;)

Kaiser said:

Trailers always give a good impression. I won't have my final opinion until I get to play it.

I dunno, I've seen some pretty bad trailers for both movies and games.

Jehar said:

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. They look fine on my machine.

Yeah, me too.

Arioch said:

Hmm, reminds me a bit of the laser gun powerups from Doom 64.