Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Official Trailer Released

Well, some may say it is just another uninteresting hype to keep you guys on your toes, others may say it is another change to find out more about the project itself (wether in a positive or negative way). I won't say much about it on my own, just watch it and feel free to say or do whatever you want to say or do, as long as you don't break the following rules:

- If you don't want to watch the trailer because you hate KDiZD, don't tell us, nobody's interested in this
- The maps are still under developement, the trailer is a preview, so the final product might look different
- In the end, the trailer says "The Way It Was Meant To Be", this statement isn't connected to Episode 1 or Doom itself either, so don't start to discuss this issue over and over again (it is our personal view how it was meant to be, so there is nothing you can criticize at all)
- Don't insult anyone just because he likes or doesn't like the trailer, be fair and criticize objective

Ok, that said, here we go with the trailers :) I made 2 versions in Quicktime MOV format (so you need the latest Quicktime 5.0 to run them, get it here), so both, DialUp users and BroadBand users have something from the work I have done :)

High Quality Version (16,6MB)
Low Quality Version (3,3MB)

So have fun with the trailer and stay tuned... I can feel it... it is close... :)

downloading now... along with the doom3 chronicals demo and the RoE trailer :P

Nice trailer. Can't wait to play. getting tired of these 94 wads.

Likewise. Pretty cool trailer... even the hourglass makes a cameo at 1:38. ;)

I get some message in german. Worst. Trailer. Ever.

ps - I hate KDZID and you all suck and I hate the KDZID team because you make John Romero cry! And the trailer sucks.

The new monsters (the ones that aren't in DOOM/2) seem to be the extracted from previews Tormentor's wads and Zdoom monster packs, I hope to see some new (never seen before and designed just for this project) in the final product.

Why's there a SSG in there? Seriously.

Am I alowed to say that I am not impressed (I'm not trying to piss anyone off here)? The detail in one area is totally repetetive w/o even looking intresting the first time (a rack of shawn2 arched potrutions from the wall)

I was going back to see what else as I had hard time remembering anything in particular from the trailer, but it gave me a bunch of german stuff about... something.

BTW; I dunno if it's my computer or something but the sound appears to be out of synch. Also, I see you still use that tagline. The way it was meant to be. It still isn't funny.

Either way, I'm not gonna bother you again until I've actually played it.

Vegeta said:

I hope to see some new (never seen before and designed just for this project) in the final product.

Reads minds or what?

kristus said:

Am I alowed to say that I am not impressed (I'm not trying to piss anyone off here)?

Sure mate, by the time as of "now", I learned that nothing can impress You :)

^ all that stuff up there is some of the reasons this project sucks and why I hate it and wish it would go to hell. Its just some shitty noob project from a bunch of Quake idiots...

But, anyways, if you are paying attention NMN, I made a post in the KDIZD thread with some suggestions and stuff to help make it at least a tad bit better. But, if I wind up downloading 30 megs of garbage anyways, oh man will I have a field day... :D

"Quake idiots"? ROFL. The one and only time I tried editing for Quake, I gave up after about 15 minutes. I haven't even played any of the Quakes for over two years!

BTW judging from the standards of your maps (yes, including the gameplay - if you're going to criticize the gameplay in other peoples' levels, might want to pay a bit... sorry a LOT more attention to it in your own) all the KDIZD lvel designers have been editing Doom levels for considerably longer than you have.

Oh, and "n00b"? Please. Risen and myself have both been members of the Doom community for almost a decade, and almost everyone else involved has been around for at least two or three years... and what's your join date here and at the ZDoom forums? March/April 2004. ROFL once more.

Also, it must be said that even most n00bs come out with considerably better wads (in terms of both gameplay and looks) than your "efforts" anyway.

MasterOFPitty said:

Bullshit

No, I don't care about it. I didn't even read a word You say, I flame You instantly :D Now stuff that finger in Your ass. Kthxplzdie.

Nmn said:

Sure mate, by the time as of "now", I learned that nothing can impress You :)

Not true, I was very impressed by:
Zan zan
Batman doom
RTC-3057
My striking good looks
Aliens TC
Foreverhood have impressed me so far.
American McGee's Alice.
Syndicate
System Shock 2
Darkening E2 (E1 is crap though)
judas23_ (awesome DM map)
Action Doom (Ashun! Ashun! Ashun DOOM! :p)
Christopher Lutz

I won't critizise KDiZD anymore before it's released though. If I don't like it I'll give you a "Told you so" and if I do like it I'll let you know when noone is looking. :p

We're going to have to try much harder to impress You then. But don't worry, You will be ;) Trust me here.

Xenophon said:

OMFG SSG!!1!one *finishes kdizd without taking damage*

I don't really need to say much more.

hehe, on easy, if You're a good player. But try a harder skill ;)

Apologizes too those who can't download it. I'll mirror it in a moment.

Tormentor667 said:

- In the end, the trailer says "The Way It Was Meant To Be", this statement isn't connected to Episode 1 or Doom itself either, so don't start to discuss this issue over and over again (it is our personal view how it was meant to be, so there is nothing you can criticize at all)

Ha, that's where you're wrong. I think you'll find that the trailer is unable to 'say' anything at all. For the trailer to say anything it would require the ability to speak and thus in turn require a degree of intelligence. I'm quite prepared to believe that the trailer contains prerecorded audio, or displays text, stating "The Way It Was Meant To Be". But I refuse to accept that the trailer is intellegent and capable of speech. Are you suggesting that once I'm able to download this omnipotent trailer I'll be able to have a conversation with it. I THINK NOT.
What more proof do you need to prove that this project is crap!

I honestly thinks it looks interesting, if not promising.
SSG MAY be a serious mistake guys, and I would reccomend giving that a lot of thought before leaving it in.

Other than that, it looks good.

Look foward to playing.

Jehar said:

I honestly thinks it looks interesting, if not promising.
SSG MAY be a serious mistake guys, and I would reccomend giving that a lot of thought before leaving it in.

Other than that, it looks good.

Look foward to playing.

A million and one other Doom 2 projects seemed to get away with it, then there's all the whining when it wasn't in Doom 3...

Trust me, with some of the new KDIZD enemies (and re: what Vegeta said, there are indeed a few never-before-seen monsters), you'd seriously regret it if we removed the SSG.