Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[KDiZD] Official Trailer Released

It not that i dont like the ssg. I worship it.
But I would feel wierd using it in levels that looked like e1.

Jehar said:

But I would feel wierd using it in levels that looked like e1.

Hah, I think that's the last thing you have to worry about. This is about as far from e1 as you can get.

Use3D said:

Hah, I think that's the last thing you have to worry about. This is about as far from e1 as you can get.

I so want to hurt You :)

Chronoteeth said:

Damnit you owe me some GL footage!

For fucking WHAT?!
Did we make any promises/bets?

Use3D said:

The fact the levels are based on E1 levels, many E1 textures (original and modified) are used, E1 music is played, etc precludes that possibility ;).

To be as far from E1 as possible, the maps would have to be completely different, not a single STARxxx texture could appear, the music should be in a completely diffent style (classical or something), etc :P.

This is still funny, though I really can't understand some of your behaviours in any way as I don't understand some of your comments in any way.

But it seems to me, that there are enough proofs, that just a few retards here at Doomworld are responsible, why there is so much hatred about KDiZD! I posted the same trailer (and before the same ad-posters and the same wallpapers) over at ZDoom.org and almost everyone (instead of the standard whiner MoD and deathz0r) was impressed by our work! I even posted the same stuff over at NewDoom and there was no single bad word about what we have achieved and about the hype-campaign I am doing!

Final Conclusion: There are several main persons who hate us and hate our project since the beginning, most likely (example MasterOfDicks) because of jealousy and feeling of inadequateness, which have enough stupid text placed all over here, that some other mentally retarded dumb-asses even believe all their shit, they provide about KDiZD! (prove why I don't have a similar problem on Newdoom and ZDoom).

But in the end, I don't care anymore, because everyone who doesn't like KDiZD without providing adequate reasons can suck my large german dick!

My only thx goes to those doomers which still support what we are doing and which don't get affected by several idiots over here!

Have a good night, whiners!

I don't like all this hate.
Let's make peace and feed some birds on the streets.
Let's wear some flowers in our hair :)

I'm sorry, but apart from MoD, I fail to see where the whining is in this thread? A few poeple have said they aren't too impressed (which is fair enough to say if that's how they feel), but no whining.

Unless of course you're taking Cyb seriously.

But anyway, nice enough little trailer, although the sound seemed to desync for me too.

Hush! He had a rush of anger.
Don't take it seriously, we appreciate all Your comments, both good and bad :D

Tormentor: I think you should keep the saying, "There's no such thing as bad press" in your mind. Hopefully it'll help you not get so pissed off.

Why the hell did you release something that's bigger than the actual project? I think it would make far more sense to just release a 1 level demo. (unless the zip file is over 16mb, which I somewhat expect from a ZDoom project nowadays).

Oh and I had to say hello to the germans too.

Google Translates

The desired site is not attainable the Website, which want to visit you, the granted capacity exceeded and is temporarily not not attainable. If you are the operator of these homepage and want the fact that your homepage is at short notice again attainable clicks you please here! All information to the private homepage with Arcor.de finds you here! Their Arcor team

In other words this little movie of yours utterly annihilated your B/W. The next time you do something like this I suggest you simply upload it to a public server like FileFront.

I'm not insulting your project, but I think a movie trailer for a Doom project seems very weird.

And I don't mind the SSG. Frankly I think it's a good idea to have it in there since there's those new monsters.

Out of curiousity can somebody mirror this little trailer?

NiGHTMARE said:

...the music should be in a completely diffent style (classical or something), etc :P.

But classical music does fit Doom!

NiGHTMARE said:

To be as far from E1 as possible, the maps would have to be completely different, not a single STARxxx texture could appear, the music should be in a completely diffent style (classical or something), etc :P.

Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time? A super shotgun and new monsters and some new music? I suppose by this logic you could call Tricks and Traps e1, afterall, it uses STARGxxx...

Damn guys, I can't see the trailer, it says something about Suspend, or some shit.

Well, from the sounds of it, I think it'll be pretty cool.

ragnew said:

Damn guys, I can't see the trailer, it says something about Suspend, or some shit.

Well, from the sounds of it, I think it'll be pretty cool.

Yeah its been taken down it seems.

BlackFish said:

But classical music does fit Doom!

I never said it did or it didn't. I merely said it was different than the music used in Doom E1.

kristus said:

I have a feeling that KDiZD will be on more than 16 megs.

Believe or not, it's currently just shy of 13mb :). However, I am just about to add a whole load of ambient sounds to the resources.

There will be an optional high-quality music download, but like I said: optional :P.

Use3D said:

Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time? A super shotgun and new monsters and some new music? I suppose by this logic you could call Tricks and Traps e1, afterall, it uses STARGxxx...

If you can point out where in my post I said KDIZD was exactly E1 style or even mostly E1 style and I'll happily admit that I'm wrong. But since I never actually said either of those things...

Anyway, what I was getting at that is that since KDIZD is based on E1, there's no way it cant be as "far from e1 as you can get". As far away as E1 as you can get would be something with no E1 elements whatsoever.

NiGHTMARE said:

Anywayy, what I was getting at that since KDIZD is based on E1, there's no way it cant be as "far from e1 as you can get". As far away as E1 as you can get would be something with no E1 elements whatsoever.

Yeah its only saving grace is that it's based on someone else's work. Go you!

I'm sorry, but do you really have nothing better to do in your life than complain about the results of someone else's hobby?

Please, for my sake and yours, find something more constructive to do, okay?

NiGHTMARE said:

Please, for my sake and yours, find something more constructive to do, okay?

Okay, but as long as you go back to making your own levels!

BTW I was just curious about something.

It's perfectly acceptable to revamp Doom's engine.

It's perfectly acceptable to remix Doom's music.

It's perfectly acceptable to modify Doom's textures, graphics & sprites.

Yet according to some people it's not acceptable to modify Doom's levels.

Why?

From my perspective the levels leave the longest impression of the game.
Even on the Saturn version, with the textures butchered and the sounds all different, the game was still 'Doom' becuase those levels are so good.

And both you and Tormentor are such great mappers, it leaves me dumbfounded as to why you chose not to simply do original maps for this project with 'tribute elements' thrown in. I mean you even had to run this by the big Romero to see if it would fly, doesn't that tell you anything?

Anyway, I'll play it when it's released and that's all you can ask for. If I was another kdizd buttkisser you would not be telling me to do something more 'constructive', even though it would apply. Happy hunting!

*hissss*

*mroaawww*

:claw:

I still dont get where all this controversy is coming from.

Its a zdoom e1-alike (or whatever) mod. thats all there is too it.
crap has come out before, but nobody got this anal about it. wtf is with you guys?

The legal stuff equally applies to any project which uses modified textures, flats, sprites, etc. Which would be oh... more than a few of them ;).

BTW I would love the "buttkissers" to provide more helpful feedback just as much as I would love for the "anti-KDIZD brigade" to do the same :). Unfortunately, so far there hasn't been much in this way of a response from either camp (though there have been a few notable exeptions).

Wow. Simply wow.

It's a WAD, for crying out loud, just like any other that's been made. Regardless of whether it's built on existing foundations or not, work is still being poured into it, not just some rehash of the original. Being that, I'm certainly going to play it, but I'm not going to slam the creators simply because it's inspired by something else, even if I don't like it.

It's just a game. Seriously. Sometimes we all need to chill out and remember that.

Uh yeah, this whole thing some people started is dumb.

But anyway, I want to see that trailer :/. Get a better server, I want to look at the pretty detail and stuff (even though I've already glanced at some of it, but I'm sure it's been worked on since then).

Oh yeah, I have no problem with a super shotgun in Doom E1. Let's face it, why would they have it on Earth but not have a few stored around Mars and Phobos? It makes sense. I know many of the monsters are from that Monster Resource wad, but that's cool, so long as there are no bats. I hated those things in the Zdoom Community Project.