Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Denny

A Couple ZDoom questions

Hello everyone i just got a couple questions for the ZDoom source port (not the GL version, but the normal one).

I have version .63a of the ZDoom Port and i was wondering how can i remove that bow type view you get when using mouselook? Also is there any way to remove or turn down the darkness that appears in the distance? i can't even see the Spectre because it's so dark.

I hope there's someone can help, at least with the bow type mouselook view because that's kind of annoying.

Thanks in advance :)

"bow"??
define.

As far as the brightness goes, go into the display settings and up the brightness. the receding darkness is just the sector lighting.

It kind of like bends the images whenever you look up or down. It don't keep them straight like normal.

And yeah that receding darkness is what i was talking about, it's not all that bad though.

thats how the engine works son... its not true 3d... either live with it or dont use look. or use zdgl

The author of ZDoom has recently implented something called "Polymost" which should improve looking up/down.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait for the next version (which will presumbably either be 2.0.97 or 2.1) to be released in order to experience it.

Okay, i'll give ZDoomGL a shot, i usually play Doomsday but my friend let me play this ZDoom mod (Action Doom i think) and i thought it was pretty wild. So i decided to get ZDoom and try it out. Thanks everybody.