Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

My '''pure evil'' wad in progress

Well just released Titan-426,and got good feedback on that one.
So i have started making a new wad called "pure evil",work began on it yesterday.
I made a few rooms allready,i think its going to take me about a month.
Its going to be a hard one to beat this time,only hellish creatures are used,no zombies this time.
Here are a few early screens to give you an idea whats it going to look like.

Russell_P said:

Nice looking sky texture. Did you do it yourself or is it taken from another source?

Taken from the internet,i didn't take this from someone else his work.

Looks great. I like the red and black trees, they go perfect with the sky, great theme you got going here, looking forward to it!

Evil/hellish levels I love. I would love to see a hell level made by you. (just to let you know, thats actually gothic, not hell[to those who don't understand what I am talking about])

Chronoteeth said:

Evil/hellish levels I love. I would love to see a hell level made by you. (just to let you know, thats actually gothic, not hell[to those who don't understand what I am talking about])

Ok how does an hellish wad look like,i thought my wad was an hellish one.

More from you is a good thing :)

I look forward to it!

Oh, if you want an example of 'hellish', play the late levels of Alien Vendetta, or Deus Vult.

Psycho Siggi said:

*sigh*
I wonder if my stuff will ever be this good.

Have patience,you shouldt have seen my first wads i made,god...they where awful.

Well this room is done now,its fully detailed i only need to add items to it,such as monsters and pick ups.
You can compare it with the second screen to see what i have changed.
My wad is going to have sloped areas,which are a bit of a pain in the ass to create for me.
Because its something i learned the past few days,and im not that good on it,its a bit trail and error at the moment.

Chronoteeth said:

I think it looks perfectly hellish; I don't think a level has to include SP_HOT or snakeskin or whatever to count as hellish. :P But then, everybody's entitled to their opinion.

Here's an update as i said progress is going slow,i lost my inspiration a bit the past few days.
I only made these few rooms,and im not sure if i wanna keep those in or delete them,any suggestions would be nice.
Well take a look and judge for yourself....

Looks great so far but you should do something about the monotonie in the wad, different textures, other structural designstyle and most important: different colors!

Tormentor667 said:

Looks great so far but you should do something about the monotonie in the wad, different textures, other structural designstyle and most important: different colors!

Yeah you are right this area could't do with so more variation in design.
Lets see what i can do about it...but thanks for your feedback.

Well tormentor did this room improve,i think it looks much better now.
Im going to add a bit more detail to it,arround that teleporter does needs more IMO.

These all look pretty nice, but a bit more variation would make it look better.

Most of the detailing comes from having the multiple 'trim' sectors. Like the multiple sectors you use around the windows, and in the 'trim' in the floors/ceilings. These looks nice, but don't rely solely on them. Also, these shots all look a litte square, try and vary the shape of the rooms a little. And add a little more height variation, add ledges and stuff so the battles seem a little more '3D'.

But they do look nice and hellish. And you seem to have your own style which gives your levels a fairly unique look and feel to them.

This project is cancelled,im fed up with this wad its not going like i want it to.
Maybe this one brings bad luck who knows,everything i make looks like crap,well in my eyes it does.
Im just going to delete everything,and start on something else.
Take a look at this room,it still looks like shit,not to mention those other rooms i created,they look awful too.

Hey Dutch Devil

have you joined ZDoom forums yet?

mabye you should get involved with the ZDoom team to make ZInferno or Thy
Flesh ZDoomed or something. that would be alsome

one more thing

Does your new map gonna include the Resource Wad monsters?

dutch devill said:

This project is cancelled,im fed up with this wad its not going like i want it to.
Maybe this one brings bad luck who knows,everything i make looks like crap,well in my eyes it does.
Im just going to delete everything,and start on something else.
Take a look at this room,it still looks like shit,not to mention those other rooms i created,they look awful too.

What?! That looks awesome! Don't delete that map, dammit.

Dude that map was looking atmospheric and hellish. Don't scrap it. :/ Put it away for awhile and work on something else, then come back and look at it in a new light.