Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arma kero

new megawad "armadosia"

hi,i'm new on the forum,but i go on doomworld every week to download wads on the newstuff chronicles..
now i write this post to say you that i create a megawad (32 maps) for doom2.
you can download it on my website at:
http://www.armadosia.euro.st

(i started this wad when i'm unemployed 3 years ago...and now it's finish ^^)
you're comments are welcoming especially if you see bugs.
i tested my wad with doom legacy and it work fine,but i don't know for others ports.
the wad can work in opengl mode.

bye

I've downloaded it and played the first two maps so far. Looking sweet.

It's nice when something like this appears out of the blue.

Niiice and frenchy but:
* there’s a big HOM in the beginning of map32,
* some niiice textures are misaligned,
* the levels are a bit too big and not very detailed,
* it crashes prboom. :-(

Very nice what I've seen so far.- The maps are big and there's lots of them. It plays quite good also.

ducon said:

* it crashes prboom. :-(

It does? Where? And which version? (I've had no problems using Budko's glboom 2.2.4_5, although I've only looked at a few of the maps so far.)

Not a bad time for a megawad, being unemployed probably helped alot! I would quit my job in an instant to work on mine, but then I'd get evicted and have no electricity :P

I'll be sure to play this one soon.

Grazza said:

It does? Where? And which version? (I've had no problems using Budko's glboom 2.2.4_5, although I've only looked at a few of the maps so far.)

Debian Sarge version, which is 2.2.6. I can see the menu but starting a game even with -warp makes it crash. lxdoom supports it but the sound is laggy. :-(
prboom says:
I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11

Use3D said:

Not a bad time for a megawad, being unemployed probably helped alot! I would quit my job in an instant to work on mine, but then I'd get evicted and have no electricity :P

I'll be sure to play this one soon.

i started the map when i was unemployed but i found a job 2 years ago ;)

for the crash,i don't know.i don't use prboom.the map 32 is not a big map (the biggest is map 28).perhaps it's because of the texture of sky which are everywhere (on the sky but also on the floor between the bars of the cage)....or perhaps the high number of bars cause the crash. :(

ducon said:

Debian Sarge version, which is 2.2.6. I can see the menu but starting a game even with -warp makes it crash.

It seems OK on all the Windows versions I have tried (including Budko's 2.2.6_3 prboom.exe and the ancient prboom 2.02).

Map24 is complaining in vanilla doom2 and zdoom (the latter saying that there's no player 1 start).

This wad does look promising though. :)

Vile said:

Map24 is complaining in vanilla doom2 and zdoom (the latter saying that there's no player 1 start).

This wad does look promising though. :)

yes,you're right.i correct the error.
( i put start player 2 instead of start player 1.....stupide error)
thanks ;)

If there are any textures on your MegaWAD that I want to use, do I have your permission to make use of them? I will gie you full credit for them, of course.

Submerge said:

If there are any textures on your MegaWAD that I want to use, do I have your permission to make use of them? I will gie you full credit for them, of course.

yes you can use them excepte the 6 textures of the final boss (because this is my real face ;D )

for others textures:
a little number of texture coming from games like doom64,turok(nintendo64) and shadowman(dreamcast) but i modified them.
i found some texture on the web in free pack of texture (normaly),i modified them too.
and finally i create original texture with the original texture mixed with metal or marble texture,and other coming from photograph and scan principaly for map 32 (manga texture on the wall and floor and wall like the "black lodge" of twin peaks (for those who know twin peaks)

Vile said:

Wait, so most of the wad works with Doom2, or you just tried starting up on that map because it failed with ZDoom?

Shtbag667 said:
I would love to play this thing, but I don't have an RAR extractor.

Well, go get one at download.com or sourceforge.net.

WinRAR said:
! C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\armadosia.rar: CRC failed in armadosia\Armadosia.wad. The file is corrupt

And I tried downloading it more than once... even with an independent download manager.

WinRAR worked fine for me with the original version (i.e. the one with the map24 problem). Maybe the new upload of the fixed version got corrupted - I haven't tried downloading it yet.*

There are certainly major problems if you try to play the wad with Doom2.exe, but so far I have found nothing that suggests it needs anything more than a purely limit-extending port (apart from that map24 player start issue).

* Edit: I've now downloaded the new version, and get the same error message from WinRAR. Must be a bad upload.

arma kero: Can you try uploading again?

I think it is a bad archive. WinRAR gives a CRC error and the size is the same as the pre-map24fix rar.

yes there is an error of corrupt file and impossible to find where come from,so i change the compression format to ZIP (i used winzip 9)and now that work.
you can download it now.
sorry for the problem.

arma kero said:

shadowman(dreamcast)

How did you get the textures from this game? Do you still have them unmodified?

Use3D said:

How did you get the textures from this game? Do you still have them unmodified?

i play dreamcast on my monitor with a pci card "win-tv" so i can take screenshot to have texture but i not take entire texture,only some piece that i modified to have a good result in the alignement and coloration with the reste of texture.i take 3 textures of this game,4 of doom64 and 6/7 of turok,i'm not remember the number exactly but it's very a little number...(i take texture of the games that i love :D )

I'll definitly have to play this when I get home from class tonight.

Arma, are you Russian? Your english seems to show it a bit, especially with the grammar. No worries or anything, just a small observation. :P

ravage said:

I'll definitly have to play this when I get home from class tonight.

Arma, are you Russian? Your english seems to show it a bit, especially with the grammar. No worries or anything, just a small observation. :P

^^...i'm french