Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

Is anyone getting tired of making wads?

Is anyone planning on not making wads anymore? Or when do you think you'll ever 'retire'?

Not in the near future. Once I'm done with my big project that has been in works for almost a year now, is released then I believe I'll quit the community. Dunno why.

In the last couple of months, I have mainly been mapping for Doom 3, with a little bit of Doom 2 mapping on the side. That doesn't mean I'm going to completely quit making clasic Doom maps, though.

Never, I have actually made playing Doom and building wads into a life long hobby, and I hope others will do the same!!!
I have so many very good childhood memories of DooM on the BBS's and just playing through the original game when it was first released! I never want that to end...

HELL NO!!!,i still enjoy making wads it took me fraggin years to get the hang of it,no i will not leave the community,im gonna keep making wads for a long time.

DooM rules.

Not really, no. Although I do keep cycling between being very sick of mapping and enjoying it immensely. Thankfully Doom Builder has taken out a lot of the tedium of it.

I got tired about 20% of the way through making my first map ever. Maybe I'll get more discipline later.

Foofoo said:

Is anyone planning on not making wads anymore? Or when do you think you'll ever 'retire'?

I'll have been doing it for 10 years coming this summer, no end in sight.

Use3D said:

I'll have been doing it for 10 years coming this summer...

wwwow.

actually come to think of it so have I pretty much :(. started doing it when i was 10. holy shit. i never realised up till now how nerdy I am. good god. :( :(

I have periods where i just stop, but I always seem to come back. So, no, not really.

ravage said:

I have periods where i just stop, but I always seem to come back. So, no, not really.

hehe, yeah i used to be like that. Except nowadays i've just seemed to completely stop. I'M FINALLY FREE!

When you have too much other real life responsibilities that get in your way - that's when you can't feel tired, that's when you can never seem to get enough.
And that's my case.

The day I die is the day I stop DooMing, and that will never change. DooM was my first videogame, and it will be my last.

Foofoo said:

Is anyone getting tired of making wads?

No. I am actually getting fairly successful by the minute. Dunno how.

No. I have had periods where I've stopped mapping due to my own apathy and/or laziness. But right now I've got four maps (two for Doom, two for Doom2) that need to be finished, and I intend to finish them. After that, I'll continue mapping. I've been mapping four years now, so why would I suddenly quit?

DooMBoy said:

No. I have had periods where I've stopped mapping due to my own apathy and/or laziness. But right now I've got four maps (two for Doom, two for Doom2) that need to be finished, and I intend to finish them. After that, I'll continue mapping. I've been mapping four years now, so why would I suddenly quit?

With all your maps you could form a megawad. Why don't you make a megawad? That'd be cool.

Dittohead said:

With all your maps you could form a megawad. Why don't you make a megawad? That'd be cool.

Heh, not bloody likely :)
For one, I'm a terribly sloooooow mapper. For two, um...I dunno. I have the time (way too much of it) and the imagination. (I think)
The bad thing is I don't have that many maps that I've made on my computer right now, and only a few people have some of them. We're talking some older maps, like from 2003 or 2002, older maps that wouldn't cut it now. Of course that doesn't mean I couldn't fix them now does it?
However, off in the future, a nice 7 map episode of smallish, short levels would be nice...