Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This will be a 5 map replacement for Doom 2 running under zDoom.
This map will be for single player only as it will have heavy scripting.

Story:
You have been send by UAC command to investigate an infested mine near Braunschweig, Germany, where the demon invasors are somehow creating blood to feed their magic powers.
Take that mine down and with that let the replenishment of blood run dry.

I could need help on these topics:
- How do i make my own intermission screen? I want to build some story with it betwhen maps.
- How do i exchange the title picture? I know which lump holds it and that it is a PCX file, but i dont know how to put a replacement in my wad
- How do i put custom mod files in my wad and how do i tell zDoom which to use for ex. MAP01?
- How do i make friendly, ie non attaking unless provoked, NPCs?
- And i would need someone overlooking my english for errors and misspells.... ;)

Here are some pics for the interested:
1 This area needs more detail
2 Cheated with gamma here, need to improve light in that area
3 Nice bloodwell ;)
4 What lies beyond this path?

Suggestions are welcome!

dutch devill said:

Every pic i see needs more detail.

Ok, ill revamp the areas, lets see what i can do.

Bastet Furry said:

- How do i exchange the title picture? I know which lump holds it and that it is a PCX file, but i dont know how to put a replacement in my wad

Make or download a cool looking picture,edit it to your liking with something like photoshop,don't forget to change its size to 320x200 pixels,save the damn thing as an bmp or png picture(zdoom supports png),grab xwe and load your picture in,change its name to TITLEPIC.
Job done :)

I think most your questions can be answered here.

There is very little the wiki doesn't cover, you may want to look specifically at the section on special ZDoom lumps.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Not bad, like they said, it needs more detailz and some better lighting effects.
Keep up the good work!

Ill do my best.
Added some lightsources, decorated there and here, but now i sit here and have to think of some idea for after the yellow key. But i think i take a ride on my motorcycle, drink a coffe at "Haus Scheppen" (biker gathering point) and then think of some ideas.
Changes to gameplay:
Took the two 'Viles out, because i need some strong minibosses in later levels ;)
And as i am not the big ass artist, could someone please make me a better version of the following?

It should go with GRAY* and it hasnt to be 128x128.

Thanks for all the help, i hope this is going to be a good mission that people enjoy playing ;)

DarkJedi188 said:

Either something's wrong with my laptop's monitor or those screenshots truly are way too dark for me to see clearly...

jedi you are right,they are too dark for me too...and no its not my monitor.

I'm not keeping these images up for much longer. If you want them, take them, because they won't be there forever.

My, that's one dark map. Especially the last screen. That's ok, though. Just be sure to contrast it with some brighter areas here and there .

Bastet Furry said:

I dont know which of the two will get used.

Use them both these two look good,if i where you i used both of them in my wad.

DarkJedi188 said:
This project's gonna be more than one map right? [/B]

Yep, 5 are planned and will be there to 99,9% ;)