Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lerner

The Mancubus/Arachnotron MAP07 effect

I know the Mancubus one (tag 666) lowers all floors to the lowest surrounding floor, and the Arachnotron one is SUPPOSED to raise the sectors tagged 667 by 8. When I tried to get it to work, it didn't work. Any ideas why?

Actually, the 667 tag raises the sector by the y height of the lower-line texture.

For example, if you use a 64x128 texture like 'METAL' or 'SUPPORT3' as its lower line tex, then the sector would raise by 128 units.

Its known to bug out horribly though with the arachnatron tag, read the texture wrong, and wind up going up too high. I even once had the platform in the middle of map07 go almost up entirely to the sky...

It can sometimes rise twice (mechanism explained here), especially on Nightmare, but this doesn't stop you exiting the map. Getting it to rise more than twice generally requires a deliberate effort (and is unlikely without respawning monsters).

Unless you're referring to a port bug of some sort, that is.

OH. That's interesting. Thank you for telling me this. Now I can finish my MAP07.

Grazza said:

It can sometimes rise twice (mechanism explained here), especially on Nightmare, but this doesn't stop you exiting the map. Getting it to rise more than twice generally requires a deliberate effort (and is unlikely without respawning monsters).

Unless you're referring to a port bug of some sort, that is.

Well it did happen in ZDoom... :P

MasterOFDeath said:

Well it did happen in ZDoom... :P

Don't confuse user error with bugginess. Besides, it has been fixed by now!

What port do you plan to use with this wad? If you use Zdoom, you can script monsters to activate any special once they die.