Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anarkavre

We are the Knights who have lots of..... "Mon-Ni"!

bill gates has given a lot of money to charity.

Of course, it's his own charity, The Mr and Mrs Bill Gates Foundation, which ensures he gets due recognition and praise from his peers. Nothing like giving your pocket change to hungry babies to boost your own personal FUCKING feelings of... well, I'm sure you get my point.

Fuck gates and fuck the queen.

WEALTHY PEOPLE ARE THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL

AMERICAN CAPITALISM IS BAD

I HATE LIFE

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Ralphis said:

I HATE LIFE

BLAH BLAH BLAH

you forgot AMERIKKKA!!

Jehar said:

The antichrist i tell you.
Proof that the queen is getting senile.

The queen generally isn't the one who decides who gets (honourary) knighthoods.

Ralphis said:

I HATE LIFE

BLAH BLAH BLAH

yay long live communism and Joseph Stalin!

The article says:
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is currently working on a global health programme in the developing world.

True enough, boss, you can't have effective outsourcing without a healthy 3rd world.

Ralphis said:

Alas, back in the day knighthood was reserved for the truly noble; not also for the upstart bourgeois.

Ralphis said:

Not only, but what’s evil? Betruger?

Not only the american one, and communism isn’t good either.

I HATE LIFE

What?
Ah, the troll is yelling and trying to make a joke. ;-)

darknation said:

bill gates has given a lot of money to charity.

Of course, it's his own charity, The Mr and Mrs Bill Gates Foundation, which ensures he gets due recognition and praise from his peers. Nothing like giving your pocket change to hungry babies to boost your own personal FUCKING feelings of... well, I'm sure you get my point.

There are only two reasons for starting charities:

• Recognition.
  • When you or a family member gets an incurable disease. (in the hopes your money will find the cure.)
Charaties are a selfish concept, stop giving.

Janderson said:

• Recognition.
  • When you or a family member gets an incurable disease. (in the hopes your money will find the cure.)

What? So charities like Cancer Research, AIDS Research Allience, the Salvation Army and the Red Cross are selfish? Considering all they do to help people, I think you're the selfish one. Try giving for a change, these charities help a hell of a lot of people.

Janderson said:

Charities are a selfish concept, stop giving.

Yes, and selfishness is not mandatory bad if it is well understood, read Stirner.

Janderson said:

• Recognition.

You can be a cheap bastard OR you can have the high moral ground. Not both.

So becoming famous instantly turns you into a selfish person? How would you explain someone like Mother Teresa then?

Teresa is not so disinteressed… She’s not so white and pure that we might think at first sight. It’s not sexual :-) but financial.

Hence the phrase, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".

From that, hence the phrase, "The answer is right under your nose".

Heh, then good ridance to that bitch.

So where was I?...Oh yea.

No it doesn't always mean your selfish it just means you now have the resources to do what comes naturally; self-preservation.

The reason I believe that some do it for reputation is that most celebrity charities are started by those who's fame is dwindling. Their last names on the tips of our tongues, their fisrt names forgotten. They join or start a cause and earn a day or two in a magazine or the news.

HAPPY ENDING: As they fade from our minds they begin to understand the work they are doing. They are no longer celebrities and their names are no longer important, the end.

Btw, I'm not such a dick, I do buy from Cancer Research shops, perhaps for the wrong reasons (cheap) but it still counts as donation.

Darknation: that's all very well and good, but how exactly does being anti-abortion and tolerant of Communism make you selfish?

In fact, both things can be said to be selfless: most of the argument of anti-abortion campaigners is that they want expectant mothers to put their unborn child's life before their own, and Communism is supposed to consist of sharing wealth and property (yes I know that it doesn't work in practice, but that's purely due to human nature. In theory, Communism is the least selfish of all economical systems).

She refused treatment in crappy hospitals like her patients go to and paid for the same treatment in established hotels.

She refused to die with the rest in the houses of death and got her own private room with equipment the others weren't getting - as implied by the the article

Again that isn't selishness, merely hypocrisy. And it isn't even really that: other people insisted she get treatment, and other people paid for it. Also, perhaps she thought by extending her life, she'd be able to help more people?

BTW a hypothetical question for you: If you dedicate 99% of your entire adult life and 99% of your wealth to those in need, are you selfish to live 1% of your life for yourself and retain 1% of your wealth?

Personally I think not.

I don't really know or care about Mother Therasa, I just thought you skipped a bit of the article, however she doesn't count as a celebrity charity as she created hers and had already decided to lead a life of healing before she became famous.

I'm talking Hollywood baby.