Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Is this the longest sentence you ever saw?

The title is correct; one sentence describes said history, the second one just gives a piece of advice.

my dad wrote something like that about a fly getting eaten or something like that...it was a contest for telling a long story in a single sentence. it was about that long. it was also better because it didn't get cheap and start linking everything with "just because".

also, the best long sentences ive ever read were ones written by Kafka. when i was reading a lot of stuff by him, i started writing like him for a lot of school assignments. probably irritated the hell out of my teachers.

Kristian Ronge said:

Not only have I seen a longer sentence, but that sentence was also a palindrome!

That I've got to see. Link?

Not on the Internet AFAIK (though I could be wrong), it was in Swedish, in a book about riddles and puzzles I got for my birthday more than 10 years ago.

EDIT: Aha! I found the title through a book review online.. It's "Klassiska klurigheter", by Verner Lindblom. Completely in Swedish, though...

Well, I found this one. Not a single sentence, though. I found another consisting of about 17,000 words in a single sentence (however nonsensical it was).