Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah yeah, self whorage. Anyway, I've a) updated the webpage after three years, and b) made downloading all my stuff easier. All 4 Lock and Load versions are there, and news regarding number 5 is, as well. Any questions, there's always my contact link on the page, which is at:

http://www.geocities.com/pilottobombadier

Have fun. Oh, and the screenshots page is not up yet. Nor will it be until I remember how to take screenies. Oh, one other thing. Can someone re-post how to do alternate deaths again, I had it jotted down, and then had to wipe my computer no thanks to bad drives care of ATi again. And that's not a promise, I just want to screw around with it for now ;)

DAMAGE.DEATH_STATE=xxx;
DAMAGE.PAIN_STATE=xxx;

The lines go under an entry in ATTACKS.DDF.

I hope LNL5 is out soon! At least post some screenies. Pressing F1 takes screenshots in EDGE.

Really? Was that written in documentation, and if so, would you please smack me upside the head?

Anyway, just be grateful I brought my webpage up to snuff :P j/k

pilottobombadier said:

Really? Was that written in documentation?

No it's not. It will be though: thanks Nick for reminding me.

Oh yeah, you're part of the EDGE team now Lobo!! For the next RTS_ONLINE, can you include all the new RTS functions?

On the EDGE forums I saw some guy talking about RTS choice menus, activated by pressing numbers? I'd like to see how to do this and any other RTS scripts that haven't been documented yet.

If you go to my site you can grab a load of demo wads from my tutorials section: almost all of them require EDGE 1.29 Beta 2, and you'll find an example of using RTS menus.

These demo wads will eventually be making their way to the official site, but in the meantime you can have a sneak preview :)

Expect the DDF and RTS docs to be updated soon too (DDF is almost done already)

The DDF docs have been updated and the preliminary version can be seen at my site.

Also of interest to you guys might be the Tutorials section, not so much for the explanation part so much as for the actual demo wads so you can see some of the stuff "live" (like those RTS menus).

Thanks for the heads up.

If anybody spots anthing else missing then please do let me know: There was so much stuff this time around to be updated that it's quite possible I missed something else too.

Thanks.

Anyway, now that I'm checking this topic out after about a week of inactivity - a lot of stress and work going on in the real world (I work over 50 hours a week sometimes, nothing less than 42), just thought I bring about a heads up, that being that I'm looking for Doom enemy death animations to spice this thing up a bit. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

TheDarkArchon said:

LOBO: You've missed EXPLODE_DAMAGE.DEATH_STATE, EXPLODE_DAMAGE.PAIN_STATE and EXPLODE_DAMAGE.OVERKILL_STATE.

THANK YOU! That is valuable info to me.