Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant

Your first frag

Time for some memories...

Who did you get your first frag against, on what map, and with what weapon?

On Virtual Arcade BBS, I finally fragged my buddy nate on a level called talon3 after getting my ass kicked for weeks (with either a rocketlauncher or SSG, cant remember)...
I think that Dec 1996 was my first month of actual multiplayer doom! Good memories!!!

Accidental team-kill, in a co-op game on E1M6. My brother and I were playing through on I'm Too Young To Die (come on, we were barely 7 years old on average). It was right at the beginning - he ran right in front of me as I was going to shotgun a zombie.

Heh, I used to deathmatch with my dad when I was 5 or 6. I would always win.

First time ever was over serial cable with my best friend at the time. We were amazed over how awesome the Doom guy looked. :p

It was in E1M1 with the shareware version, during the weekend at school. We went there just to test it, he had already had a run of it with his brother the day before though.

First frag EVER? My friend Jordan on Half-Life, i think.... or one of my brothers?

First frag in DOOM? It was Ralphis, D2DMSEC in skulltag.

Yeah, I fragged ralphis. but that game ended 2 to 28 so don't go worshipping me :P

My first frag was probably in Goldeneye64 against my sister.

But in DooM, I haven't actually played multiplayer for very long (I'm an SP guy). I believe my first frag was against a fellow by the name of precum.

A few friends of mine hijacked the library in high school when the regular authoritarian librarian took the day off. We told her replacement that it was all a-ok with her :P I don't remember the exact frag, but we were DMing shareware Doom, and I particularly remember playing E1M8. I'd already been playing Doom for a long time by that point though, just hadn't had a chance to play online before then.

CyberDemonHunter said:

Myne wuz a few weeks ago lol. It was on this map called DM_mall and I shot this guy in the food court with a super shotgun, i luv SSG, my best weapon in DM.

No fucking way! I love that wad. We play it here over the network constantly, and have for years. Its great when you play the same level with the same group of people for a very long time, because once you know the ins and outs of a level to that extent, you start to know exeactly where everyone is all the time.

"Well, Joe's over there cause he always retreats to get armor after a beating like that"

Then, you start to try to outwit people.

"Well, they know I always get armor after a beating like that, so I'll go here, and when they fly around the corner to get me, il lay the back of their head open with the SSG!"

Yeah, stuff like that. I'm just ranting cause that wad will always hold a monumentally special place in my pants...

Uh, oh... yeah... ummm. Shareware Doom. Got smacked down about a billion times by my uncle, then served him up a rocket lunch. I remember it vivdly. I had never played Doom, and he had, so he could move around and I just kinda shambled into walls and stuff. Then I got smart. I started shooting him with the pistol, so he thought that was all I had. Then I heard the chainsaw come on. He thought he'd just humiliate me by hacking me up. It was like "pop, pop, pop, *presses 5*, WHOOSH, jib". It was great. Then he got mad and pulverised me the rest of the night. Bastard.

The first time I remember playing DM period was when I serial linked two 486's together for some hot Doom 2 action. The map was map10 of doom2.wad, and although I can't remember where I first fragged someone, I still remember liking it a whole lot, in spite of playing Co-op 90% of the time.

First frag online I'd say would probably be with the last version of CSDoom right when development on ZDaemon started, and I beleive it was on DWANGO5 map11. Such a thrill doing with my first FPS love after doing it for so long with various version of Quake and Unreal Tournament.