Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Esseily

Need help in Hell

Hello All,

Now um stuck in Hell for three weeks, um already in that big Arena with the Huge Monster "the one that has the three renewable seekers"

I heard the tip that said destroy the seekers and the Monster will become vulnerable but still the time is never enough for me to kill him b4 he regenerates the new seekers .. I also found that spot in a corner that I can stand safely without the monster being able to reach me .. and I fired all my ammo on him but that desn't seem to work either .. if you can help please do ..

and please note it's not about the challenge anymore coz I actually gave up .. there's something um missing so if u can tell me how to get out from there I'll be veeery grateful

thanks for ur time

Esseily

You're not missing anything. It's just a rough fight. Here are some general tips for beating the Guardian though:

• Use the bfg to wipe out all the seekers at once.
  • If you dont have bfg shots left, use rockets to take them out. Otherwise use the chaingun. Anything else is pointless almost.
  • Once that weird red thing appears above him (while he generates new seekers) nail him with a bfg shot. Again use rockets if the bfg is not an option.
  • I dont recommend hiding in a "safe spot". As you've noticed, he's only vulnerable while making new seekers, and that's not for very long. You need to have a clear shot at him when he's doing this. Instead of hiding, stay mobile and figure out how close you can get to him without putting yourself at too much risk.
Edit: Note that you should be shooting at the red orb when it appears. That's his weak spot.

Amaster said:

• Once that weird red thing appears above him (while he generates new seekers) nail him with a bfg shot. Again use rockets if the bfg is not an option.

• As far as I remeber, you can ONLY harm the Guardian by hitting that energy sphere above him. His body is invulnerable.
    And that sphere is normally blue, and turns red when you hit it...

Guys ur great, u gave me hope again,

and by the way I enjoyed very much the red blue conversation :)

Thanks again & cheers

Esseily

The monster only charges you when a seeker has located you. So if you need a breather, kill all the seekers except one and then stay out of the last seeker's spotlight. Then you can regroup, reload, find some health kits, or whatever you need and then go back to business.

Hi all,

I did it from the first trial "after the tip of course" :)

well I finished the rest of the game too and it was a great one ..

and the last fight was an adrenalin rush ..

see u all when Doom 4 comes along

cheers

Esseily