Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stealthy Ivan

Converting a wad to zdoom???

First of all, I am using Doombuilder as my editor, second, I started some levels and compiled them as vanilla doom2 levels, I am now working on a level in zdoom/hexen format and also have a couple of other levels in the same format that I wish to group all together into one wad with the levels that are in vanilla doom2 format, how can I convert the levels that are in vanilla doom2 format into zdoom/hexen format?

If you just want to group the levels together without altering them there is no need for conversion. ZDoom can easily handle WADs with different level formats in them.

There are problems with doing that though, some editors cannot open wads with more than one type of level format (it views them as half the levels being corrupt). Doombuilder is the only one I know of that will though.

No you should look a bit further than the list of detected maps :P Right above the list where you select the map you can choose the config you want to use. If you select a Doom format config, the list will show all Doom format levels. If you select a Hexen format config, the list will show all Hexen format levels. HTH.

CodeImp said:

No you should look a bit further than the list of detected maps :P Right above the list where you select the map you can choose the config you want to use. If you select a Doom format config, the list will show all Doom format levels. If you select a Hexen format config, the list will show all Hexen format levels. HTH.

Yes, but such a wad will screw up with other editors, Deepsea and Wadauthor (i think), for example. When I first started work on ZDCTFMP3, I had no choice but to convert the maps because Deepsea refused to let me save/edit levels properly. Trying Wadauthor yielded similar results. I had to make a copy of the wad, use XWE to remove the hexen format maps from one copy, and doom format maps from the other. Then I converted the copy with all the doom format maps to hexen format and merged the wads together.

What a pain in the ass.

EarthQuake said:

Yes, but such a wad will screw up with other editors, Deepsea and Wadauthor (i think), for example.

I can understand why such old software like WadAuthor can't handle this - but DeepSea?

Of course I'm using v10.20 which is sorta outdated, but I'll be damned if I order an upgrade that I don't really need.
Like I said, I already have a pretty quick way around it, and chances are, I probably won't encounter the situation again.

Hey! Thankx for all the helpz peepz!!!
Zwadconv works great! Now that all of my levels are on the same Zdoom/hexen setting I can continue working! :)