Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alboroto

Doom Movie picture

I was wondering about the death sequence for the second guy from the right. He has a HUGE forehead, maybe he'll become a lost soul.

the only part of that interview that gave me any hope was the bit about the monsters not being CGI. too bad everything else looks/sounds like it's gonna be totally disgusting.

rape.

gatewatcher said:

The least they could have done was maybe give them some green vests, or something. Fuck it, who cares.

I really don't think the doomguy's clothes would translate well to real life.
I like the picture. Looks like Dwane has a plasma rifle.

looks like something from Stargate SG1 or some bullshit.

PS lol!! are those shotgun shells under the plane thing?? lol! so he'll be picking up items like in the game?? brilliant! :( they should also have him pushing on walls to try and find secret rooms.

destx said:

Not to mention that it was probably cheaper to have them wear zip up, snap on military outfits rather than futuristic armor that would have to be custom made, sculpted, etc. However, I am disappoined that they didn't even try to make the suits look vaguely futuristic. If it wasn't for the dropship in the background, this could easily be mistaken for a screen from any action movie from the last few decades. Also, about the grass...are we sure this movie is on Mars? Has that been confirmed?

Excellent, to prep in excitement for this film I should start playing some classic wads again.

Now what directory did I put do-it.wad in?

Snarboo said:

huh?

uh, this is "generic zombie virus resident evil ripoff" not "doom"

Quast said:

Says who?

destx said:

Well, it's a good thing we're not talking about a movie then.

Fredrik said:

The next Titanic.

Does that mean it will span 4 hours and cause all -15 year old girls to sing the theme when ever they are let near a kareoke and all guys to sleep through till the end disaster, or it's just gonna sink?

From the line of answers ranging from "neither" to "both", in respective order positioned at negative and positive infinity, I think I'll choose the imaginary unit.

The one saving grace of what I've heard about the movie is that it IS going to be R after all apparently. That's a very good thing.

Quast said:

You can't rip-off something else when the entire plot of that something else is a gigantic rip-off itself.

In others "OMG you really think Resident Evil's storyline was the first to ever feature zombies created by a virus and soldiers sent in to deal with them?!? OMG ROFL Hahahahaha /me dies laughing".

@Fredrik: Huh? O_O *ears bleeding* Is this some kind of maths?

Actually those uniforms do resemble those of the Resident Evil SWAT team, one could argue whether they were the exact same.

Btw, Resident evil can't have been that bad, I thought the zombies did a very good job of being zombies and the only true failure was the CGI monster, that gay-ass flying kick and the first zombie stunt
(that fecking back flip).

NiGHTMARE said:

you really think Resident Evil's storyline was the first to ever feature zombies

Did I say that? I looked at my post and couldn't see anything like it. Probably because I meant what I said, that obviously, whoever is producing this garbage is simply looking to cash in on the trend that are these horribly recent zombie movies.

Captain Red said:

Who is this movies target audience?

Most likley males aged 15-24. People that are simply looking to be entertained for a couple hours by explosions and car chases and maybe a brief tittie shot.

It could also be said that whoever produced the Resident Evil video game series was simply looking to cash in on the action/horror trend started by the original Doom...

Foofoo said:

looks like something from Stargate SG1 or some bullshit.

High school jock, are we? :P

About the uniforums, who's to say what's "futuristic" and what's not? Roman society looked and felt more advanced than the Dark Ages, but the Dark Ages came second. You can only go so far as to how clothing will look, ya know ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

It could also be said that whoever produced the Resident Evil video game series was simply looking to cash in on the action/horror trend started by the original Doom...

that could be too

Dodge: who's to say the romans weren't more advanced?

destx said:

But the Doom3 marines outfit would translate really well into a scifi movie.

Tetzlaff said:

But the Doom3 marines outfit would translate really well into a scifi movie.

Yeah, and they're too damn lazy to think for a second, "oh wait, this is the DOOM movie, let's make it like that game DOOM" and put even that in the movie.