Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

First Picture From Doom Movie!!!!!!

Bloodshedder said:

Actually, it seems as if Kristus was describing the the types of characters they most often play, rather than their actual personalities.

"They fall into the big muscular moron bin", not "their characters always/usually fall into the big muscular moron bin". Besides, some of Arnie's characters are supposed to be pretty clever... I mean, I'd hardly say the Terminator was an idiot ;).

Fredrik said:

IQ tests are an objective way to measure intelligence only if you define intelligence to be that which is measured by IQ tests.

"For certain areas, such as academic achievement and job performance, an IQ score is the best-known single predictor of success" - Wikipedia.org

Anyway, stupid people do poorly in IQ tests, clever people do well. 'Nuff said, surely? :)

Though they are surely related, I would not equate intelligence with "academic achievement" and "job performance".

NiGHTMARE said:

"They fall into the big muscular moron bin", not "their characters always/usually fall into the big muscular moron bin".

The first is what he said, the second is what I interpreted him as meaning. If you had done so, this useless discussion about IQ wouldn't have even started.

Shut up about IQ, all of you

Rellik said:

But if they fuck it up, and you KNOW they will, that's it, DOOM is done. Once you go down that road you can't go back, at least not for about 10 years. You can't unfuck something. Once Hollywood ruins a story, it's basically ruined forever.

two words: mario movie

Shaviro said:

A crewshot.

I don't see any cameramen, directors, producers etc. in that shot, do you? :P

Although it doesn't exactly look much like him, apparently Karl Urban aka the main character is the guy standing directly to the right of the Rock.

Cyb said:

^^^^ Chuck Noris

And the Rock actually can act, but his range is pretty limited (pretty much limited to huge quiet guy (like in the Rundown) or a variation of the character he played in the WWF (which is something like raging moron in a speedo)). He's certainly a better actor than Ahnuld, and everyone loves him, rite?

Actually, apparently he plays a role that is neither of these in some movie coming out where he plays a fag. (however someone will certainly call wrestlers gay below this post). He probably hasn't been given the opportunity to do anything other than those two types of roles yet.

do u guys really think that hollywood will make a masterpeice movie with 7million dollars as the budget limit??

HELLL NOOO, but an indie filmaker makes masterpeices with a smal small budget or no budget at all, hollywood give the money away or somthin let it go to good use. this is bullshit, people u are a voice no more fuckn sequels.. fuck u corperate and ur rape

wow, i'm suprised he didn't say "wrestlers r gay".

he didn't say much else of substance, though.

MORBIDTWATT said:

do u guys really think that hollywood will make a masterpeice movie with 7million dollars as the budget limit??

HELLL NOOO, but an indie filmaker makes masterpeices with a smal small budget or no budget at all, hollywood give the money away or somthin let it go to good use. this is bullshit, people u are a voice no more fuckn sequels.. fuck u corperate and ur rape

Actually, I'm pretty sure the budget was 70 million. As for the rest of your post....well....WTF?!?!

NiGHTMARE said:

Although it doesn't exactly look much like him, apparently Karl Urban aka the main character is the guy standing directly to the right of the Rock

Yeah, it is Karl Urban, and what you talking about? It looks exactly like him! Google for some pics or go watch something with him in it thats NOT Lord of the freaking Rings. And the chick to the far back left is Rosamund Pike.

And of course the picture is a crewshot, you really think there's gonna be a bit in the movie where they all line up pretty for you to look at like that?

Ralphis said:

Actually, apparently he plays a role that is neither of these in some movie coming out where he plays a fag.

A flamboyant bouncer with an afro would be a more accurate description.

There is a reason that The Rock did so well in the popularity contest that is Professional Wrestling; He can act.

ooOOOoOOoh and he is the most electryfying man in sports entertainment.
DO YAAAA SMMELLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN?

destx said:

A flamboyant bouncer with an afro would be a more accurate description.

There is a reason that The Rock did so well in the popularity contest that is Professional Wrestling; He can act.

ooOOOoOOoh and he is the most electryfying man in sports entertainment.
DO YAAAA SMMELLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN?

Yeah you got that right. Actually a lot of wrestlers are really good actors. Reason being: they have to act all the time in front of millions of people. If they mess up, there are no take 2's. I thought HHH played a good part in Blade Trinity, and I think the rock might do okay in the new DooM movie as well. Afterall, he does know his role right? "Know your role!"

Bah, SWAT-type uniforms and generic assault rifles - boring.

Where's Doom 3's kickass combat outfit and badass three-barrelled Enforcer 88 machineguns?

I'm not gonna judge the movie itself on this shot, but it has left a bad impression on me all the same.

no, it looks like just a single shot. wait until you see more before you pass judgement. hell, the whole "mutants+olduvai" thing is just a popular rumour, it's not proven fact.

dethtoll said:

no, it looks like just a single shot. wait until you see more before you pass judgement. hell, the whole "mutants+olduvai" thing is just a popular rumour, it's not proven fact.

I said it looks like complete shit, which it does. Not that this movie is going to be complete shit, even though it probobly will.

Wad'a'Holic said:

I'm gonna cry. And yes, with joy.

This movie could end up as a masterpiece, but if it doesnt, we can always forget ;)

I hate you. Name ONE movie that has been made from a game that ended up as a masterpiece.

Linguica: Rofl mario movie. Trust the fungus!

I am afraid this movie is gonna be just as bad as Resident Evil 2 or Alone in the Dark.. I hope I am wrong

What was bad about RE2?!?
Maybe you did see the wrong movie or what?
When you want to see a bad movie try "The Promise" with Jack Nickelson.

If i got the name wrong: A retired police officer is going after a case of child abuse and morder. He buys a gas station in that area. He promises one of the victim families that he will hunt down the abuser. He get a girlfriend and "abuses" the child of the mother for hunting the child abuser. At the end the abuser gets killed in an accident and the officer waits forever for the abuser. He gets drunk and his life is destroyed.
What a lame story above all the ending :-/

I almost slept over watching this one in german class. And the ending, just shit.

You probably mean "The Pledge" with Jack Nicholson. But that was very different type of movie (old school crimi). I´ve seen it. Nothing special, but it was definitely NOT a shit.
But I am afraid "Doom" is gonna be typical Hollywood shit with bunch of cheap CGI effects, horrible acting (The Rock? Phew..he can´t act!) and stupid script that has almost nothing to do with original game. Just like "Alien vs. Predator" - Anderson almost raped the spirit of alien and predator movie series.
And Bartkowiak has never made decent movie either...