Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

PrBoom-Plus, ver. 2.5.1.4

Rayzik said:

Why keep a bugged feature for demo compatibility on demos that are probably reliant on the bug in the first place and as such are demos of unintended ways to complete a map in the first place? Seems like an inconsequential fix to me.

Well, -complevels for older engines are meant to be bug-for-bug compatible; hence I would expect -complevel 11 to implement all known MBF bugs.

I admit I don't really understand your rationale for using it, dehacked or no.

damerell said:

Well, -complevels for older engines are meant to be bug-for-bug compatible; hence I would expect -complevel 11 to implement all known MBF bugs.

I admit I don't really understand your rationale for using it, dehacked or no.

I'm using the MBF complevel for access to the specific codepointers and extra states it provides, and had I known...

Gez said:

If you want MBF features but no bugs, use complevel 17.

...about -complevel 17 including MBF features, I would have defaulted to that.

Thank you both for the info though.

I asked about the 3 key bug before. Fabian answered by saying that "-complevel 11 -force_correct_code_for_3_keys_doors_in_mbf" will do the trick. Not that surprising, since both mbf-fixes and mbf 2.04 both fix the bug.

Is there a way to show FPS in GlBoom-Plus like with the vid_fps 1 command in GZDoom and Zandronum? I'd like to mess around with the video settings and see how much the performance is affected in large maps.

"IDRATE" cheat code. There might or might not be a better alternative to it which I'm unaware about.

rileymartin said:

Is there a way to show FPS in GlBoom-Plus like with the vid_fps 1 command in GZDoom and Zandronum? I'd like to mess around with the video settings and see how much the performance is affected in large maps.

You can use FRAPS.

scifista42 said:

"IDRATE" cheat code. There might or might not be a better alternative to it which I'm unaware about.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I'm still having a problem with the translucency setting. Is there any way to change the rock solid projectiles in OpenGL mode?

entryway said:

I added cap_fps config variable for smooth viddump.

'--fps 35' part of cap_videocommand command line could be changed to '--fps %r' for auto replacement.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqbPe1LEdk

Nice, I kept meaning to (re)implement a FPS option and submit it, but guess I don't have to feel bad about not doing it anymore.

So I'm using the 2.5.1.5 test, and when I select doom.wad as the IWAD, Episode 4 does not show up in the episode selection screen, and the IDCLEV command won't let me even warp to an episode 4 level. And yes I am positive I am using an Ultimate Doom IWAD.

I'm experiencing an interesting bug. I made a wad consisting of the http://sc55.duke4.net/ boosted ogg music. However, the music doesn't loop. When I use the music in Crispy Doom (through using flacs and doom-music.cfg), it loops perfectly. One more thing to note, I am using the (at time of this writing) latest svn build on ubuntu 64-bit.

EDIT: I want to report that I made the wad launch in prboom-plus 2.5.1.4 here's how the bug works, if you have a legit ANIMATED lump in the wad and then an empty marker called ANIMATED prboom-plus 2.5.1.4 will bomb out with no error, zdoom bombs out with an error that it tried to read past the ANIMATED lump.

Danfun64 said:

I'm experiencing an interesting bug. I made a wad consisting of the http://sc55.duke4.net/ boosted ogg music. However, the music doesn't loop. When I use the music in Crispy Doom (through using flacs and doom-music.cfg), it loops perfectly. One more thing to note, I am using the (at time of this writing) latest svn build on ubuntu 64-bit.

Something broken in audio loop handling?

Can't reproduce. I downloaded doom2_sc55_ogg_v1.2.zip, extracted d_runnin.ogg and started "prboom-plus -file d_runnin.ogg -warp 1". Music loops fine.

Danfun64 said:

When I use the music in Crispy Doom (through using flacs and doom-music.cfg), it loops perfectly.

It should even work in Crispy by simply loading the WAD.

entryway said:

extracted d_runnin.ogg and started "prboom-plus -file d_runnin.ogg -warp 1".

Even this should work in Crispy, but I haven't tried out yet.

To my surprise, loading the wad in crispy worked. So did the looping. I find it odd that the same wad would have working looping in crispy but not prboom plus.

Will Prboom-Plus ever have zDoom features and/or can support other Doom engine games aside from Chex Quest, like Heretic, Hexen, or Strife?

If there's already a topic about my above comment I am sorry for bumping it.

PrBoom+ already has some ZDoom features, for example loading maps with ZDBSP extended nodes, that's a ZDoom feature.

But by and large, no. If you mean stuff like slopes, mirrors, 3D floors, ACS, DECORATE monsters and weapons, etc. you will not see that in PrBoom+.

Likewise for other Doom engine games, PrBoom+ isn't going to be PrBeretic+ or whatever.

I've ranted and raved before, and I've gotten used to prboom+, but it does have a major problem with close range misses at point blank range. Sticking the SSG in a pinkie's mouth should blow him away, but a lot of times it goes right through him and hits the monster behind him. Never had this problem with skulltag.

... and that's something that is basically unfixable in a port that's interested in demo compatibility. The changes needed to handle this are so invasive that it's either a complete parallel implementation of correct blockmap linking or some sync-critical incompatibility.

Only the blockmap overflow. Fixing the interactions requires that objects are able to attach to multiple blocks at once (and in some cases scan multiple blocks), which even Eternity has had considerable trouble with doing while keeping compatibility, and it needs it for clean portal interactions. The short of it is even introducing the concept, even if it isn't active, seems to be enough to upset compatability.

Can PRBoom record videos more than 35 FPS without issues?
Just if i put 60 in CFG - Very fast speed of video playing + desynс of sound.