Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

PrBoom-Plus, ver. 2.5.1.4

On 8/5/2020 at 9:36 PM, maxmanium said:

It's dead? I was under the impression Andrey was making very, very slow additions, but maybe not.

Yes, it is, even Andrey himself has started pointing people to the UMAPINFO fork instead a while ago, what the old one is still seeing are some occasional compile fixes and nothing more.

He also said a while ago that he considers PrBoom "complete". Can't get closer to "it's dead and you should look elsewhere" than that...

Edited by seed

Which key is responsible for making screenshots? How to change it? I keep pressing it for some reason.

Spoiler

image.png.8dd78d9ea20f1b877ad4ba86fdb75117.png

@Stabbey Go to Options --> Mouse Sensitivity and move Acceleration (and Vertical) bars switch to the left.

Spoiler

image.png.5516c9b26dd7bbf2ed042938ebc84523.png

Edited by Dimon12321

I downloaded this to test compatibility with my WAD. Is there some way to turn off moving the mouse moving your character? It is making it annoying to control, and I can't see a way to tell the port that I only want to move with the movement keys.

(My WAD is clearly not compatible with PRBoom+ at this time, but I'm still compiling the list of things to fix.)

EDIT: seems to be a problem with my nvidia configuration. please disregard.

I have encountered an issue with prboom-plus, running ubuntu 16.04 with dual monitor setup.

Basically, prboom-plus assumes that I am only using one screen, both when running desktop and fullscreen, so it smears the entire program over 2 screens.

In the config file it says something like: 'resolution = 3840x1080'.

If i set my display to mirror displays or deactivate one of the screens, it works just fine on one screen.

I do want to note that this is a VERY SMALL problem, just curious to see if anyone else have encountered similar issues in ubuntu?

I have an issue with extreme delay in mouse movements. what I mean is I'll move the mouse and it'll be slightly behind where my cursor should in relation to my mouse physical position, but will get there after a delay.

Is there a fix for this or is it just switch to keyboard inputs/different sourceport?

Edit:Sorry for necroing a thread.

9 hours ago, VGA said:

Does it have to do with Vsync?

9 hours ago, seed said:

Likely, this sounds like input lag to me.

V-Sync is off on all the versions of PRBoom I've tried. Turning on Capped Framerate seems to help with input lag but makes the game look a LOT less smooth. And I believe my issues go for both GL AND PR.

What version are you using? If it's from before the SDL2 migration (2.5.1.4 or earlier), try a version from after the migration (2.5.1.5 or later), and vice versa.

18 hours ago, Shepardus said:

What version are you using? If it's from before the SDL2 migration (2.5.1.4 or earlier), try a version from after the migration (2.5.1.5 or later), and vice versa.

2.5.1.4, 2.5.1.5 Test, 2.5.1.7 Umap fork, and a version of 2.5.1.5 with mouse fixes applied. Issue persists on all of these, and even if I reinstall them. Might help that I'm on windows IDK.

Idk if it helps but mouse input is perfectly fine on GZDoom, probably doesn't matter/help though. Sad GZDoom feels bad/looks bad in comparison to prboom.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: Radeon RX 570

Drive: HDD (The one PRBoom would be running on)

Mouse: Logitech G203

Mouse drivers: Logitech G Hub v2020.8.5950. (Changing mouse hz didn't help but I'll test again and edit result when I can)

Edit: lowering mouse HZ didn't help much if at all. GLBoom felt the most responsive most of the time, And the 2 best versions are 2.5.1.4 and 2.5.1.7 Umap fork, in the Umap fork there is fuck tons of texture warping though. (UMap fork felt best.)

Edited by Treatz

Do you have "Enhance pointer precision" turned on in your mouse properties? If so, turn it off.

Control Panel: Mouse > Pointer Options > Uncheck 'Enhance pointer precision'

3 hours ago, Grazza said:

Do you have "Enhance pointer precision" turned on in your mouse properties? If so, turn it off.

Control Panel: Mouse > Pointer Options > Uncheck 'Enhance pointer precision'

No, I even have a registry fix running to REMOVE mouse accel. 6/11 as well.

Edit: MarkC windows fix. is the name of it.

Edit: if anyone knows how to cap the fps on AMD shit lemme know, i'd like to try playing with that and see if i can achieve anything.

Edited by Treatz

Hello everyone, is it possible to change the chaingun fire sounds? For some reason it sounds different from the original doom and other sourceports, and i noticed in Zero Master´s channel sounds correctly. 

I hear the sound like it has some kind of delay between shots, just like in this video: 

In Vanilla Doom and other sourceports sounds much fast and constant.

I'm not seeing any problem in that video. That's just someone tapping the fire key rather than holding it down, which in turn means there's a delay between shots where they release the fire button. Are you doing the same thing, or perhaps have some weird "turbo" macro configured for your mouse?

I'm hearing it, specifically at 0:13 when the fire key is being held down. It's a small timing issue, the sounds aren't fired at a perfectly equal pace (every second gap is a fraction longer). Compare it to the pacing of the chaingun in the speedrun video, at 2:45. The difference in timing is tiny, but perceivable.

Would it be possible to correct it or just deal with it? I know it's a bit fussy of me, but it would be great if it sounded like it should.

Speaking of the Chaingun sound issues, isn't that related to the long buffer or something like that that someone brought up quite a while ago?

There definitely is a difference that can be perceived when playing side-by-side with different ports, I can spot the said delay too.

Hi again everyone. I asked Zero Master in his last speedrun´s video about that, and he said that´s default settings, so it´s very probably that the cause is some kind of software/hardware conflict, wich is curious, cause i see many "doomtubers" (Zdenda1990, decino, Larzuk06, etc) to have that same sound issue with prboom-plus.

I'm testing MBF stuff and noticed that sky transfer does not work with glboom+ (random sky behavior)

It works fine with prboom+.

tested with: 2.5.1.4, 2.5.1.5 and 2.5.1.7UM

(screens and a test map)

1- prboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-ok.jpg

2- glboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-01.jpg
3- glboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-02.jpg
4- glboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-03.jpg

prboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-ok.jpg

glboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-03.jpg

glboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-02.jpg

glboom-plus-mbf-sky-transfer-01.jpg

test-2020.7z