Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

PrBoom-Plus, ver. 2.5.1.4

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc015000).  Click on OK to terminate the application."

I get this now when I try running prboom plus, I never got this error untill I re-downloaded it again after taking a break from the doom franchise

I just had to re-install dotnet fix.. it's running now.  It's really nice to try different source ports, the only one I havn't ever got to work was doom retro.  

That one must be really good.

29 minutes ago, vanilla_d00m said:

I just had to re-install dotnet fix.. it's running now.  It's really nice to try different source ports, the only one I havn't ever got to work was doom retro.  

That one must be really good.

Dude ... install the visual c++ redistributables and retry Doom Retro.

Its possible to add weapon attack aligment option from Crispy Doom? Also suggestion for (optional) show secret message like GZDoom. 

8 hours ago, Zaratul said:

Its possible to add weapon attack aligment option from Crispy Doom? Also suggestion for (optional) show secret message like GZDoom. 

2.5.1.5 and as an extension Graf's fork already have a similar feature implemented.

Dunno, i can`t find this features. Where can i find this in options?
Also PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.7um is the newest version right?

19 minutes ago, Zaratul said:

It's the newest official release, but the codebase has had updates since then, and the most current version you can get right now is this one that seed compiled. It's preferable you use that version, since 2.5.1.7um has the pretty big issue of vanilla Ultimate Doom episodes 2-4 not properly working.

22 minutes ago, Zaratul said:

Dunno, i can`t find this features. Where can i find this in options?

The weapon alignment option accidently got lost during some code merge, it seems. I have just added it back,

The "secret revealed" message is hidden under the generic name "SECRET AREAS". I have just renamed it to something more meaningful.

The latest released one, yes, but a lot has happened since then.

Ok found that secret message option. Also thx for the link Alper. 
btw This port should have automatic daily SVN generation like GZDoom.

28 minutes ago, Zaratul said:

Ok found that secret message option. Also thx for the link Alper. 
btw This port should have automatic daily SVN generation like GZDoom.

A build system was made, and the process was made easier, but so far no-one has taken it further by producing automated daily builds and host them on DRDTeam or something.

I've taken these duties whenever possible though :D . In fact, I was thinking about making a new build these days to cover the latest changes, but there's a PR (or rather, part of a PR) I'm still waiting to be merged to do it.

6 minutes ago, seed said:

but there's a PR (or rather, part of a PR) I'm still waiting to be merged to do it.

Which one exactly?

4 minutes ago, fabian said:

Which one exactly?

The commit with the buffer fix from this PR.

This reminds me. That weapon centering feature should be looked at. It screws with the dehacked weapon offset instead of supplementing it.

15 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

This reminds me. That weapon centering feature should be looked at. It screws with the dehacked weapon offset instead of supplementing it.

You mean the weapon state's misc1 value? There is a check not to apply weapon centering if this is set. Anyway, you should probably leave this feature disabled if you have patches applied that change weapon alignment themselves.

The problem is that if dehacked-side centering is applied to a weapon, it has to be applied to all attacking frames. That includes the muzzle flash, otherwise it will be misaligned. Normally, you only have to apply the offset to the first frame, and it's supposed to work.

Even when you're thorough, changing weapons while holding the trigger sometimes eats the lowering and/or raising animation. All tested with "bobbing" setting.

I sort of get it, since there aren't a lot of real-world test cases for this. Just hate to see another "don't use it then" feature trying to solve something engine-side while clashing with content-side solutions.

2 hours ago, fabian said:

I have just applied this commit.

Groovy, I've made a new Windows release as a result :D .

@seed Thank You for this, really good build, everything works properly. And weapon alignment option is here. :)

Has anyone else encountered this problem? When I'm in fullscreen with an 8-bit or opengl video mode the blues seem to lack quite a few shades. Changing the playpal doesn't do much. I can't take a screenshot of it for some reason but it looks a bit like this. I'm on 2.5.1.4.

doom00.png

Nope, worked perfectly fine for me last I used 2.5.1.4.

I've had something similar. Some darker shades of blue were turning gray. It's been a while though, and I don't remember how to replicate it.

9 hours ago, Kore said:

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Yes! I had this happen to me while playing in fullscreen 8-bit mode on Windows 7. The blues would fade into grey and black like that. It was something to do with that particular OS and 8-bit graphics while in fullscreen. I got around it by playing in windowed mode. OpenGL or 32-bit Software rendering didn't have that issue. No longer happens for me on Windows 10.

Hello!

I just tried prboom tonight as I felt that Crispy Doom was somehow weird and had what felt like a low framerate and high input lag. It felt immediately MUCH better - the fps seem(?) ok and the lag noticeably improved.

However, I have a few questions/issues with other things now and would need some help.
I wish to apologize in advance if some of my questions were previously answered somewhere; I used the search option on the thread and tried looking things up on google and in the docs without success.

First of all - The aspect ratio; When I transition to fullscreen at 640*480, even with the correct 4:3 ratio selected - it still stretches the game. I have tried pretty much everything (including using the compatibility settings on Win10, adding it in a .bat as a command, opening the .cfg - for this one I couldn't even find a cvar) I just can't get it to work :(

Second - When recording a demo, I cannot restart a level ([the "key_level_restart" does not work] I had to mannually bind it in the first place in the .cfg even though I binded it in actual game since it did not work, I just randomly tried to add "key_restart" and it worked in normal) But not when I try to record a demo (whith hopefully a new demo record on each restart)

Third - the timers do not show in demo nor in normal mode (Maybe it's a case where I have to manually add it in the .cfg but since it seems like a complete mess, i don't know)

Honestly, at this point, I'm very confused. Maybe someone can help?

I am using the 2.5.1.4 version on Windows10 with compatibily mode for windows 7 (i thought i'd give it a try) with the reduced color mode to 8bit, 640x480, fullscreen optimization disabled, and override DPI scaling performed by "application"

My graphics card is a Geforce 210 with the latest available drivers (342.01)

Thank you

10 minutes ago, kler said:

I just tried prboom tonight as I felt that Crispy Doom was somehow weird and had what felt like a low framerate and high input lag.

In Crispy Doom and Chocolate Doom alike, that is an intentional compatibility feature, but in Crispy it is opt-out, as, unlike Chocolate Doom, Crispy has a setup program that allows configuring settings that aren't necessarily strictly compatible with the original id releases of Doom and its engine (that is its point!). I think there is a frame rate cap option somewhere?

Just a preliminary step in trouble-shooting, like a tip! :)

Yes, thank you :)

But the major issue is the weird mouse lag which isn't as noticeable on prboom (or at least it feels that way) this being the reason for why I would love to find a fix to those issues in prboom

Do you have the same problem with other games running in 4:3 modes? Stretching is the defaut behavior. Some displays can center or stretch without distortion depending on the mode set in their settings, and it also should be adjustable driver-side. Unless you have to use one of the numerous AMD video drivers where the feature is broken.

You can always try to set a widescreen resolution if everything else fails.

I don't think restarting a level works for recording. Last time someone asked about the best way to restart recording, restarting the game was the only option presented. Hopefully, I will be corrected if I'm wrong.

Additional HUD options are all for the fullscreen HUD, which is accessible by pressing + enough times, or by pressing F5 (keep pressing it to switch layouts).

4 hours ago, kler said:

But the major issue is the weird mouse lag which isn't as noticeable on prboom (or at least it feels that way) this being the reason for why I would love to find a fix to those issues in prboom

In my case, I get mouse lag in both Crispy and PrBoom+ when Vsync is on and this goes away when Vsync is off.