Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SulfurOccult

new map: bay of flames

http://acyclitor.doomwadstation.com

the flash site does not work with internet explorer, i have no clue why. i am not an uber 1337 flash kid so i don't think i'll even try to fix it. your poor unfortunate IE users will have to use the html version. strange that a pop-up script works in mozilla but not microsoft.

anyway, play it, tell me what you think. screenshots are on wip, as soon as it is accepted.

Pretty cool. I'm not much of a zdoom oriented mapper but I'm assuming that there was some scripting involved with the way the floors fell so quickly in some parts.

Overall the level had a very good feel to it and the difficulty was just right :)

Looked nice, felt a bit short though. Good difficulty for me though.

Also thought it was a bit odd that you could walk on the lava without getting hurt. Nice :)

Just one single bug: You can reach the exit by jumping with straferun to the other side :)

But other than that, great and beautiful wad :) A skybox might have been more useful!

Chainsaw said:

Also thought it was a bit odd that you could walk on the lava without getting hurt.

meh. it was going to be part of a larger wad, in which latter levels had areas of lava that was more liquidy. the idea was this kind of lava was crust over and safe to walk on, and that later on there would be areas that broke away as you stepped on them, dropping you into the hotter, hurtful lava.

Tormentor666 said:

Just one single bug: You can reach the exit by jumping with straferun to the other side :)

But other than that, great and beautiful wad :) A skybox might have been more useful!

yeah i noticed it a lot while playtesting, but i was pretty sure nobody would notice or try...lol. as for the skybox, i suppose, but i'm just not much good at them. never practiced a lot either, though...

anyway, thanks for the compliment and possitive reinforcement everybody. much appreciated, even if i myself really, really look down upon this level.

I noticed in the flash version, in the projects section, some spelling errors.

"...some of the best detail SENSE gothic99..."

should be 'since'

and

"...pouring alot of time into the level's ANESTHETICS..."

shouldn't that be 'aesthetics' or something (yea i can't spell either)..

I'm not tryin to be a prick, because I don't give a fuck how I or anyone else types, but a nice looking site like that should make sense to read, and it gives a better impression to visitors know what I mean?

:)

Very nice map MoP!!
Concerning the skybox:
I wouldn´t mind if you had taken the one I made for the DWS-community project...
anyway, it´s too late I guess ;)

This map is cool, but has some dumb problems.

First of all, the staircases are the same texture as the walls, making them almost impossible to see unless you get lucky, or look on the map to see where they are.

Second of all, once I reached the lava lake with the portal, I had no idea I was just supposed to run across it. I was waiting for a bridge or something to appear. In zDoom, usually that's deep lava that fries you when you fall in. Make some indication you can move across it!

And why is it so short? :/~

RottingZombie said:

I'm not tryin to be a prick, because I don't give a fuck how I or anyone else types, but a nice looking site like that should make sense to read, and it gives a better impression to visitors know what I mean?

heh, there is no spell check in flash lol.

* I didn’t find the use of the keys;
* There’s no secret (or it is very well hidden), for example there could be one in the other side of the teleporter.
Nice level anyway. :-)