Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gusta

KamaSutra Re-Releas

Its sad..
I just decided to do this before it would be late, because I found MORE mistakes than I have expected. The main reason to do is that Map20 is the old (and Harder) version we accidently forgot to overwrite. But it is not the only one
I will be pleased if you write me all bugs you find in ksutra.zip (not the HOMs, I know about them)
I will also try to make lower skill to be better and properly playable.
Anyway you can still record a demos, all UV or NM runs will be compatible with the final version, except maps 10, 20 and 32 (luckily there are nodemos for them yet :)

Thanks,

Adolf "Gusta" Vojta

Anyway, I forgot to mention.. You can expect the final version KS.ZIP after TWO WEEKS.

I found the map14 music to be incredibly annoying. I'm not sure if my sound card is doing a funky job of playing it back or what, but it makes me glad that I played Blood with the redbook audio. Is there any chance of it being replaced?

One other thing I would suggest for the re-release would be tightening any monster teleports that haven't already been optimized, since waiting for stragglers to come out of teleports can affect max runs. Overall I think this has been handled well, but I noticed stragglers on maps like 21.

I'll be sure to look for more places to get stuck, since that's the primary concern (map16 has two that I know of).

I like the map14 music too, but I heard it just in midi-file, because I don't have sound in doom. I noticed it sounds pretty false in doom so I will probably replace this music track.

Fredrik: I think ep1 sky is OK, we have been surely thinking about changing ep2 sky which is not so popular I heard. But sadly I don't have any idea which Sky-texture would pass well for all ep2 maps, we tried some red or yellow textures seen in AV or HR2 but these haven't look well. It has to be some white or gray sky. If you have any idea, or if you can send me a texture I would be glad.

About monsters teleports I look what could I do with them but I think they work OK in ...well.. 95%???

Anyway sadly map31 is another one where the demos (if there will be some) will not be compatible. It's another older version we forgot to replace..

BTW. Guys.. no VPO found?? That makes me pleased :)

Thanks for your replies.

Heh, after you guys get the few minor bugs worked out I think this might be the best megawad to be released in 2005, unless someone else all of the sudden pulls 32 awsome levels out from under a rock and submits it.
Again I tell you, Nice job, keep it up!

There's definitely some problems in coop.. things close off so you're trapped, and in Execution if you miss the exit jump the first time you have to skip to the next map. One map didn't seem to have coop starts, or at least that's what the crash seemed to indicate. I suggest you play the maps through in that if you haven't or again if you have.

The problem with rsky1 and rsky2 is not that they look bad per se, but that they don't stack well, and in several maps the skies do stack. I haven't played the wad all the way but for example in map01 itself the sky already stacks. Likewise at the start of map17, using the second sky.

Gusta said:

About monsters teleports I look what could I do with them but I think they work OK in ...well.. 95%???

Yeah, the next time I played map21, all of them came out immediately. I'm not sure what happened last time... anyway, what I said was a suggestion, but I haven't had time to test all maps thoroughly. If you think things are okay then don't bother. :)

Hey Gusta,

Just wondering, are you going to replace map31 with a totally different version? That'd be a drag, that maps the kind of map that gets you into another addiction!

Again, GREAT megawad you two did... Heheh, we got HR3 without even knowing it was in production... :)

No map31 will stay nearly same.. when I made it and sent to method, he and Vile tested it and made some tiny changes to improve a gameplay like slightly more health here or there or let all key door stays open, but we forgot to overwrite the map for final version. The monsters and ammo will stay. Just if you do some demo now it will not be compatible.
HR3.. haha .. we were surely thinking about this.

Vile: I did several maxdemos on map21, I think a little waiting for monsters doesn't matter there because in optimal route IMO you kill most of them later after you take cells from exit place. Sometimes a waiting made some things even easier..

Fredrik: I'will try that sky but I couldn't promise I will use it. I will see..

Sargebaldy: all Coop bugs were fixed, the one without player2&3 starts was map20, Map17 was a little coop unfriendly.. the player once died didn't have a chance to go to the main room.

In execution if you miss the last jump, the level ends when you die below and there is even an alternative exit. If you meant the jump to last teleport in cave. I wonder it's not a hard one to miss.. and you couldn't run over the teleport so it's not a problem.

kristus said:

Lesson to be learnt here is to always beta test anything you are to release thoroughly.

Truly. I'm a bit dissapointed I don't get to review it this week (if the 2 weeks still hold true) because it looks promising. =/

Gusta said:

No map31 will stay nearly same.. when I made it and sent to method, he and Vile tested it and made some tiny changes to improve a gameplay like slightly more health here or there or let all key door stays open, but we forgot to overwrite the map for final version. The monsters and ammo will stay. Just if you do some demo now it will not be compatible.
HR3.. haha .. we were surely thinking about this.

Hehe, sweet. Glad to hear that its gameplay changes and not a change of map. I sat down a few nights ago and had a recording going, but I wasn't expecting for the whammy that occured once I grabbed the blue key. Got myself the key, then proceeded to get a few hundred rockets for the price of one :) Haha, luckily for me about 90 of'em were the homing kind.... :)

Looking forward to seeing the level with the revisions!

Vile said:

I'll be sure to look for more places to get stuck, since that's the primary concern (map16 has two that I know of).

You can exit the start area and get stuck with the surrounding trees (on your right at the start), is this one of those you noticed?

Szymanski said:

You can exit the start area and get stuck with the surrounding trees (on your right at the start), is this one of those you noticed?

Yeah, and I believe it was mentioned in the previous thread. The other spot was at the blue key where you can get thrown over the edge into the slime by an archvile, except the slime isn't a damage sector. You can also see a lot of visual anomalies from there.

I only received about half of the maps for testing, but this was one of them, so finding these is rather embarrassing. I'm glad that I significantly improved my beta-testing ethic for the project I'm currently testing for.

Thanks guys, I fixed all. The jump over the ledge at start of map16 was one of the things I just noticed too :)
BTW. Found Visplane in map29, at one of the most unexpectable places :(
Now only 28 & 20 remains to addapt for lower skills.. shitty work.

Fredrik: I tried the sky from Plutonia.. it's ugly there, so much poor. I will not use it. Though the city sky is so unpopular, it's probably the best one. I think it has some impact while the maps was taking shape. If I would start to do them with another sky they could result pretty differently.

You can also get stuck in map20 (AV jump near the invulnerability sphere) and map25 (AV jump again).

You can get trapped in the nukage on map08, the low wall with the med kits on allows you to drop over the side.

Are you fixing visual stuff in the re-release? quite a lot of the of the surrounding rivers could look a lot better with some small tweaks (eg map07, map17)

Fredrik:
Map20: AVjump will be fixed
Map25: AVjumps are somehow unfixable on a few places because I need cacodemons teleporting outside to have an access over the ledge. So some of these AVjumps will be solved with player death.

Lee:
Map08: I surely know about that, but it's necessary for a jumptrick I like :)
Map07: It's impossible to add anything outside because of HOMs and VPOs. There are a little HOMs at start arena just in recent shape.
Map17: What to add you mean? At start arena: nothing bec. of HOMs,
Main arena: I had there Visplanes so I am afraid it's not very possible to do something with it. Well some of my maps aren't based on a good views..
(This reply probably disappointed you a bit :)

Map28 - missing upper textures on north and south sides of sectors 533 and 536 (Hell Knight platforms).

Map 11,19,25,26 : Impossible right from the start, unless you're really, really lucky. :/

Map 14,27 : Music sounds like ass on a stick.

Map 21,28 : Just retarded. Seriously. Replace it with wow.wad.

Map 30 : Uh, no.

Map 10 : If you jump off from one of the high areas, you can land in the flaming barrel enclosure (w/ chaingunners in it) and get stuck.

udderdude said:

Map 11,19,25,26 : Impossible right from the start, unless you're really, really lucky. :/

There's demos for two of those maps at this url, if you're interested:

http://ksutra-n.wz.cz/

At the very least, it should refute the claim that they are impossible from the start (luck not included). :)