Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flash n00b

New things?

I'm just wondering if you can copy things from one wad to another. Cuz i am planning to try that. (e.g.: hexen monsters in doom 2)

IF you plan to copy them, then you'll have to include their resources as well. If you just plain old copy them from Hexen to Doom, the editor will either not recognize them, or set them to a different monster/thing than what you wanted.

flash n00b said:

I'm just wondering if you can copy things from one wad to another. Cuz i am planning to try that. (e.g.: hexen monsters in doom 2)

You better be carful what your copying... For example, you cant copy people's level designs exactly (odd's are they will become pissed with you). As for the hexen mosters, their just sprites like any other monster. Just copy all the sprite frames in (psp for example) and replace a doom monster with the hexen monster, use a program like de-hacked to change the monsters hit points, damage, etc, compile, and your good to go....

If you use ZDoom you can use all the Heretic/Hexen/Strife monsters with their original behavior. But it's a little complicated to get them into your maps because you can't use Hexen's editor numbers directly.

If you're asking whether copying Hexen resources into DOOM II is allowed... it is NOT permitted by the developers. That question was asked directly to Todd Hollenshed recently with the KDiZD discussion.

hmm... there are countless wads with Hexen/Heretic/Strife monsters and things and I don't see anyone whining :/