Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all,

I'm happy to anounce the Community Chest 2 demo pack is now wrapped up!

Grab the pack here. If any moderator wants to move the .zip to another, more "central" location, by all means feel free to do so and change the link.

The pack contains UV max demos of CC2 maps 1-32 (map 24 excluded), for your viewing pleasure. :-)

(if there's anything wrong with the pack, let me know and I'll correct it ASAP. Thanks)

Enjoy!

Nice job. I haven't been keeping up with the CC2 demos so it looks like I've got a lot of watching to do...

Sweet! I will watch post haste!

EDIT: Too bad map24 did get in.
I've been peeking on the cc2 demo thread and didn't see a demo for it yet. Maybe I missed it. Anyone have one?

Apparently map24 is not possible from scratch.
And if Vile did not do it that means the map is crooked :)

In this case it apparently doesnt have enough ammo... good lesson for all map authors, always check if your map is possible or not.

VinceDSS said:

Apparently map24 is not possible from scratch.
And if Vile did not do it that means the map is crooked :)

I never tried a max run of the level, but the DMTHA stats Kristian provided weren't too flattering.

However, I certainly noticed (mentioned previously) that the map can't be finished in prboom, so that was problematic. :)

Vile said:
I never tried a max run of the level, but the DMTHA stats Kristian provided weren't too flattering.

Indeed; hitpoint-to-ammo ratio is 1.93 if you ignore ammo picked up from monsters (which you can pretty much do, considering 99% of the zombiemen, shotgun guys and chaingunners teleport to the unreachable towers). What that means, in English, is that you can kill around 50% of the monsters -- that percentage might vary depending on what monsters you go after first, as monsters have different hitpoints -- with your weapons. The rest (a couple of hundred) will have to be killed through infighting and/or punching... Good luck if you try it! ;-P

The only map that even comes close in CC2 is map 5, with a ratio of 1.13 ... Not enough ammo to kill everything there with your weapons either, but much more infighting/punching opportunities. That map still requires quite some strategy to avoid running out of ammo.

Kristian Ronge said:

(if there's anything wrong with the pack, let me know and I'll correct it ASAP. Thanks)

In addition to the exceptions mentioned in the text-file, the following are not -complevel 5:
The map03 demo is -complevel 3 (Boom's compatibility mode).
The demos for maps 11, 22, 23, 28, 29 and 32 are -complevel -1 (current PrBoom 2.2.x).