Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doom2day

AAHHHHH!!!!! (polyobjects help needed)

I can't figure out how to make polyobjects in Zdoom. Or make slopes in Zdoom in hexen format. And what about those weird sectors? Can anyone show me how to make polyobjects? Please?

Slopes are the easy part. In HEXEN Format it's line-effect 181. In DOOM Format it's a group of effects around #320.
For PolyObj's, I have no fucking clue.

What the hell is that slope object then??? I am having fun with the spawn things since I figured them out YESTERDAY.

Ah, Slope THINGS. This will be fun...

You set the slope thing so it is directly between two sectors conjoined at atleast one linedef, or, rather you set that slope THING right on top of the conjoined linedef. Then, you set the "peak" of the two conjoined slopes as the Z-Height for the Slope THING. For example if you wanted something like that huge structure in the middle of the start-area in Duke Nukem's E1L1.MAP, you would first make two sectors, put the Slope THING between them and set the Z-Height of the THING to, say, 32 or 40.

So in theory with using a Slope THING you can eliminate the need for using Dummysectors and Slopes in unison.

For simple slopes:

|\    |/

you can use the slope linedef, real easy to use. For more complex slopes like rubble or some sort of construct that requires sloping on multiple angles, then you use the thing.