1. 1. Which was best

• Metallica
    • Megadeth
    • Anthrax
    • Slayer
    • Testament
    • You idiot, where\'s...

pilottobombadier said:

2) No. Hardcore punk is mainly underground. If you want it, you'll have to look for it. I don't want it, I don't like it, which is why the most I've listened to is the crap my friend Andrew had at school. Thrash metal, in general, owns it ;)

Underground and underground, that's a bit of an exaggeration IMO.

There's a ton of bands that have reached something you could consider calling fame. Bands like Agnostic Front and Rövsvett (Aka, Ass-sweat. Swedish band, they suck but everyone knows who they are. :p) are two that comes to mind. I guess it's mainly in sweden that HC punk is of a bigger scene though. As we have quite a few HC bands that people know of. Two of my favorit Hard Core punk bands are Ensign and Raised Fist. Go here for a sample of Ensign.
Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars

Totalt Jävla mörker aka Total fucking darkness is another well known HC band here in Sweden.

(sorry for derailing like this, but someone said HC punk sucks and as an avid fan I had to defend it's honor.)

kristus said:

Underground and underground, that's a bit of an exaggeration IMO.

There's a ton of bands that have reached something you could consider calling fame. Bands like Agnostic Front and Rövsvett (Aka, Ass-sweat. Swedish band, they suck but everyone knows who they are. :p) are two that comes to mind. I guess it's mainly in sweden that HC punk is of a bigger scene though. As we have quite a few HC bands that people know of. Two of my favorit Hard Core punk bands are Ensign and Raised Fist. Go here for a sample of Ensign.
Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars

Totalt Jävla mörker aka Total fucking darkness is another well known HC band here in Sweden.

(sorry for derailing like this, but someone said HC punk sucks and as an avid fan I had to defend it's honor.)

That was me.

i'm not a punk fan either, but i can respect the HC punk anarchy attitude. its the emo/screamo and metalcore kids that i really hate.

Heh, I'm planning to harass the emo-kids that work at the local HMV if they play anymore of their shit in the store.

Anyway, I can respect hardcore, too, it doesn't mean I think it's good music :P

I voted Slayer, but where is Morbid Angel and Death Angel?
Others that top my list are In Flames and Sepultura.

pilottobombadier... I can't stand EMO either!!!

Is there any other genre of music with so many different sub genres? Thrash Metal, Speed metal, nu-Metal, power metal, death metal, black metal, symphonic metal, WhateverElseIForgot Metal.

I guess it goes for any type of music your not familiar with, but without familiarizing a person, would you expect them to be able to be able to tell the diffrence between any of the sub genre's or would you expect them to say "They're both heavy metal aren't they?"

Personally, alot of the hardcore punk I've sounds to me more like a style of metal than it is punk. But perhaps I just need to be bludgeoned with something.

POTGIESSER said:

Is there any other genre of music with so many different sub genres?

Industrial

Trance seems to have a lot too. Even more actualy.

MacWadMaker said:

I voted Slayer, but where is Morbid Angel and Death Angel?
Others that top my list are In Flames and Sepultura.

Morbid Angel is death metal. Not thrash.

In Flames is melodic gothenburg turned modern rock/nu-metal/shit.

Sepultura was at first death metal, then thrash, then nu-metal, then hardcore somewhat. Apparently their latest album is actually GOOD

POTGIESSER said:

Personally, alot of the hardcore punk I've sounds to me more like a style of metal than it is punk. But perhaps I just need to be bludgeoned with something.

Yes, the American HC-punk I've heard is often either reminding of Metal or Skatepunk. (The latter being a really sad combination I might add)
TBH the best HC-punk IMO is the Swedish scene. It redefines the term hardcore.

TomD666 said:

http://anus.com/metal/about/styles/

EDUCATE YOURSELF. (Okay, so it's missing power metal and stuff, and maybe some bits are a bit inaccurate, but whatever.)

It's very inaccurate. Speed metal, afik, has nothing to do with hardcore punk as far as an influence goes - this idiot confuses speed and thrash metal. Speed is fast power metal, that's it. And he's totally wrong on Black metal.

And...man this guy's stupid. His ideas of thrash are totally out the window.

In short...this article SUCKS. Thanks for playing :P