Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bastet Furry

When you had to live in a doom level......

nightice said:

I've been modding E2M2 to my idea of a level I would live in...and whose bright idea was it to put all those damn boxes in the garage? I'm trying to park my friggin Ferrari in there!

Hehe, its a UAC storage room, maybee you will find some spare parts inside one of those boxes.

Id choose MAP31 the Wolfen map. Its so big its like a house.. but would u be able to go outside at all? I mean I guess id just take a BFG and blow a hole through the cieling :P

Hmm.... It's a tough call between E1M2 and MAP19... Both are open and spacious, nice views, comfy, etc... Then again, E1M2's got some massive computer mainframe, and I don't want to live without a computer. I mean, how could I play Doom without one? Yeah, I'll have to take E1M2, even though I do kinda like MAP19's architecture a little better.

Alright, I've been working a bit on my new house and got myself to a nice place to show for now. Haven't really added any furniture to most areas, or even working lights to most places, but I have a good ammount of room to work with now that there's a lot less critters running around. :)

http://testzero.keenspace.com/images/Newe3m3.wad

As for what I've changed and added/removed, I'll make a page that details the things I did later. :) For now, have fun looking around, and try to avoid the washroom, it's not totally... clean yet (also have to figure out what to do with all that lava. :/).

Arrgh. Containment Areas's previous owners obviously had no respect for their house:

- Shitload of boxes in the garage
- Heavily contaminated water - almost to the point of it becoming some sort of toxic slime
- No sense of flow between rooms
- Insecure ceilings - I tried walking down one hallway and every other ceiling tile was falling on me!

nightice said:

- Insecure ceilings - I tried walking down one hallway and every other ceiling tile was falling on me!

No kidding, any reasonable construction inspector would condemn every building in the Mars operation within an hour. Especially E2M6. That place is a damn death trap.

Then again, with all the corrupt union leaders, mob connections and zombie teamsters, it'll never happen.

Ubik said:

No kidding, any reasonable construction inspector would condemn every building in the Mars operation within an hour. Especially E2M6. That place is a damn death trap.

The floor in the exit hall actually falls from under your feet! WTF?!

I'd choose The Inmost Dens. It has some nice buildings in there :)
But I won't furnish it, since I have yet to learn how to make WADs. I'll just tell you what will be there: some bookshelves, a computer with Internet, some couches, chair, table, a comfortable bed and some trees :)

some of the levels i'd choose:

E1M1 - it could be a good house, complete with a lake outside. (without fishes)

E4M9 - could be a great house, with a private beach, a marina and even a helipad.

E3M6 - it would be nice to have a house in an island.

but i'd really like to live in E4M9.

Me: *steps out of entrance and walks up to the big window* hmmm....
I know!!! *starts to cover the walls in Doom Posters*

I would live in either Lost Soulsphere map08, or if I had to pick a stock map, Ultimate Doom E3M3. So creepy, roomy, and well put together. :P

I would pick Dead Simple as my map, I should use the 3d drafting program, do a layout and make a awesome living space with it

DOOM I: Gimme E3M7- Gate to Limbo. I liked the environment there.

DOOM II: Map 28. Has plenty of archviles as guards, the spiderdemons, and you can't enter without crossing 52 other levels (DOOM I and 27/32 of DOOM II.) Map 29 is more "wooden" than anything and Map 30's main area looks like a toxic slime dump with a demon face in the center.

Haloless0320 said:

I cant think of the lvl nummber right off the top of my head...But i would live in Mt.Erebus

That would be E3M6.

DumbSCRIPTguy said:

Yep, also Lvl 27. I. Like. LIBRARIES!

you chose the library only to discover that once you were there the books were all - 12 or so different varieties...repeating! damn those lazy artists...what's more, upon further inspection you discover the pages are all-
BLANK!! crap they were merely decorative pieces...

now your stuck in a level with a toxic pool that is seriously bad for your skin complex and a creepy torture room filled with dismembered bodies that always haunts your sleep with terrible nightmares. Put aside the fact that your sleeping on a stone cold floor and your night light is that pile of skulls with candles stuck on them.