• Marlboro
    • Camel
    • Pall Mall
    • Kools, Newport, or other Menthol Brand
    • GPC, Basic, or other cheap brand.
    • Really Cheap Cigarettes
    • Other (Not Listed)
    • I do not smoke.
    • I am a social smoker and/or smoke occasionally.
    • I gave up smoking.

It's always fun here at DoomWorld to find out in what ways each of us support capitalism, and this time we're taking a look at those who accept the responsibility of supporting the cigarette corporations, reguardless of whether they want to or not.

Vote for your #1 option, list other options or comments, et cetera, and people who are 100% against smoking, please don't flame us.

I chose Marlboros because that's what I started with. I perfer Blend No. 27, then Reds, and if I have to, Mediums. Marlboro Lights taste like shit IMO.

Camel is my second choice. Wide Filters, Filters, Turkish Gold and Lights. The Exotic Blends are nice, but I rarely fork out the money for them.

I don't like menthol unless I'm getting high. However, in jail I had to smoke a lot of unfiltered menthol, and it made me want to get high, but I promised my mother I'd quit smoking pot [and cigarettes and being a delinquent child] if I got out. God the condundrum(s/p).

I started when I was fourteen, after being suspended from High School and put in an 'Alternative School.' I know damn good and well it's not cool, but ever since I saw Blade Runner you can't convince me that is isn't cool in certain cinematic retrospects. Not to mention rock stars look damn cool with them, and I want to be a rockstar.

Cigarette smoking is a nasty habit, and a horrible addiction, and because I can't conjure up the will to quit, I'm probably going to die an early, long and painful death. Luckily that means not having to worry about Social Security and Retirement.

What's your cancer?

Depends on my funds. L&M Lights or Winfields when I've got money to burn (I hate people who point out their own puns, oh shit I just did), cheap cigarettes when I'm tight on cash, and I use nice-tasting rolling tobacco to roll a joint.

The only type of cigs I like are candy cigs. I dont smoke. The only time I tryed cigs I coughed so hard I all most threw up. It didnt even do any thing for me. But, if you smoke and you like it then I dont have a porblem with it. I dont see why so many people are pmsing about cigs. If you dont like it then you can just move away form it. But if people are dumb enuf to blow the smoke in my face then I have a problem with it.

I roll my own cigarettes since it's both cheaper (by a mile) and tastes way better. Used to smoke marlboros years ago.

Amaster said:

I roll my own cigarettes since it's both cheaper (by a mile) and tastes way better. Used to smoke marlboros years ago.

I used to do that when I was younger. It was funn getting hassled by dumbass cops. Then I moved to a pipe to enhance the effect.

Nowadays I go to Delaware to pick up generics in bulk. You can't beat $13 a carton.

I'm not picky, though my brand of choice is Marlboros. I regularly smoke cheapies called Senecas.

I only ever smoke cannabis, though I've considered smoking pipes, cigars, or cloves (I've turned them all down when offered though). I don't really mind smokers at all. I don't even mind them smoking around me. Also, I think all those new laws about smoking are stupid and a breach of our rights, especialy the fact that they've now banned smoking from films.

Someone should do an alcohol version of this thread.

Heh, awesome, I posted something that didn't suck. All you non-smokers, more power to you.

Amaster said:

I roll my own cigarettes since it's both cheaper (by a mile) and tastes way better.

The tops 3/4 oz packs, which are usually a buck and a quarter, are five dollars in jail.

Alboroto said:

Marlboro, a pack costs $1.50 here in Ecuador.

They're almost five bucks here in Illinois. A carton is anywhere from fourty to fifty dollars. So I just go across the bridge to Louisiana (MO) where they're cheap (20$ per carton).

Linguica said:

hi what

I was in jail. It sucked. I was the only person there who didn't order menthol tobacco (see above) and so when I bummed smokes I ended up with menthol.

Danarchy
Also, I think all those new laws about smoking are stupid and a breach of our rights, especialy the fact that they've now banned smoking from films.

I concur. Didn't hear about that banned from films thing though. Just one more reason I don't want to make a movie anymore.

ScareCrow said:

The tops 3/4 oz packs

Ugh, that's the worst brand. I buy Drum for $4 a sack. Lasts me about a week.

Marlboros cost about $6.50 a pack here.

Numbermind said:

I used to do that when I was younger. It was funn getting hassled by dumbass cops. Then I moved to a pipe to enhance the effect.

Nowadays I go to Delaware to pick up generics in bulk. You can't beat $13 a carton.

You know they're making it so they card you for cigs in DE so PA residents can't get away from the sales tax

Amaster said:

Marlboros cost about $6.50 a pack here.

Damn. Someone I used to work with said they had to fork our 8$ for a pack in one state. Forgot the state though.

Ralphis said:

You know they're making it so they card you for cigs in DE so PA residents can't get away from the sales tax

Jesus, that sucks. Here I think they'd throw you in jail for bootlegging. Illinois is pretty fucked up though.

Johnatone said:

I concur. Didn't hear about that banned from films thing though. Just one more reason I don't want to make a movie anymore.

Well, they're not literaly banned, but movie studios are so scared of the backlash that might happen that they make film makers cut or change any scenes with smoking in it. Of course, killing people is still okay!

Danarchy said:

Well, they're not literaly banned, but movie studios are so scared of the backlash that might happen that they make film makers cut or change any scenes with smoking in it. Of course, killing people is still okay!

What about Constantine? That guy was smoking like a chimney.

Hmm, well I guess it happens sometimes. But really, consider how many times you've seen somone smoking in a movie in the last 10 years or so compared to the smoking they did in the 70s and 80s.

Ralphis said:

I'd wager that the place I go to is more interested in making money than following procedure. That's what you get when the manager is Palestinian.

Ernte 23 or "Pall Mall StiX", whereas the later are 9,90 € for 120 "StiX" (tobacco packed in aluminium rolls) exclusive filter hulls which come 80 Eurocent per 200 hulls.
Ernte costs 2,90 € for 19 zigs.
Cant somebody shoot Renate Kühnast in the foot for those prices? ;)

I cant wait until they ban smoking in public places here. I am so sick of people polluting my air.

fraggle said:

I cant wait until they ban smoking in public places here. I am so sick of people polluting my air.

Then go somewhere else. Its that simple.