• Marlboro
    • Camel
    • Pall Mall
    • Kools, Newport, or other Menthol Brand
    • GPC, Basic, or other cheap brand.
    • Really Cheap Cigarettes
    • Other (Not Listed)
    • I do not smoke.
    • I am a social smoker and/or smoke occasionally.
    • I gave up smoking.

fraggle said:

I cant wait until they ban smoking in public places here. I am so sick of people polluting my air.

They did that here in NY State in buildings like bars and such, what is this shit? What happened to an owner being able to choose to allow smoking? I mean, if you don't see any NO-SMOKING signs on the way in then wouldn't that clue your ass in on the fact that maybe people can *gasp* smoke in this fucking bar?

How idiotic. If somebody doesn't want to go to a bar filled with cigarette smoke maybe they should either find a place that has no-smoking signs or run your own fucking bar and shut the hell up?

The whole smoking thing has to be all or nothing. If one bar owner prohibits or limits smoking at his/her bar, they'll lose a good chunk of business from the smoker section of bar-goers. However, if it's a bar-wide mandate then no one bar that chooses to prohibit smoking will suffer. Sure, you could argue that they shouldn't ban smoking in the first place but you have to bear in mind the non-smokers' clout in this situation.

While they're at it, why don't they ban alcohol in bars, as it is also dangerous to people's health. I would't want to go to a bar and be subjected to alcohol and the effects it has on people.

Also, that music could damage my ear drums. They should ban all music from bars too!

Well ffs they may as well ban women too. You could catch a debilitating venereal disease from one of them.

BBG said:

They did that here in NY State in buildings like bars and such, what is this shit? What happened to an owner being able to choose to allow smoking? I mean, if you don't see any NO-SMOKING signs on the way in then wouldn't that clue your ass in on the fact that maybe people can *gasp* smoke in this fucking bar?

How idiotic. If somebody doesn't want to go to a bar filled with cigarette smoke maybe they should either find a place that has no-smoking signs or run your own fucking bar and shut the hell up?

I dont consider bars as public places (they're owned by private businessmen), so I agree. If I go into a bar, I know what to expect. However, I also think they should have non-smoking sections. It isnt fair to me, as a non-smoker, that if I want to go out to a bar to have a good time with my friends, I have to breathe polluted air.

Job said:

Well ffs they may as well ban women too. You could catch a debilitating venereal disease from one of them.

fuck, go for broke...let's just ban life altogether, it causes death

Marlboro Reds. Started when I was... 15... quit for a few months, then for whatever reason I started up again. I think I've bought maybe ten packs in four years that haven't been Reds. For a while they had 27s buy one get one free, and I was short on cash so I got those.

BBG said:

Yeah. Most of my family lives upstate. There is one bar I go a lot when I'm up there. It's actually a bar my Grandfather built /owned /opperated back in the day. People will still smoke there, but if someone walks in that everyone doesn't know, they put em out because a neighboring bar just got shut down for repeated smoking offences. A new loophole that people are starting to realise, especially when concerning bars, is the technicallity of the words "public place". Some bars have started reffering to themselves as a private club, where in order to drink there you must pay a yearly fee. This usualy amounts to something in the area of about a dollar. So, people will pay the dollar( even if they are simply passing through; It's a dollar, and they can smoke), become "members",get the "member's card", drink AND smoke inside. Walla. Non-public place.

Oh yeah. Camels (Wides, Izmir Stingers, and Filterless).

I voted Camel, cause that's what I currently smoke... But I am quitting *having lungs removed* on my B-day in May.
I am glad to see that most board members don't smoke. I never imagined I'd be paying someone to kill me.

Johnatone said:

However, in jail I had to smoke a lot of unfiltered menthol,

You went to jail? What did you do? What's it like behind bars?

I do not smoke, and I never have, and I never will.

Truthfully...i dunno why i smoke.A substitute for pot i guess.
I live with my grandma as of now and she asks me not to smoke in her house...respectfully i do that and i step outside to smoke and i would pretty much put out my cig and smoke it later if someone tells me its bothering them,it's not really a big deal to me.