Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Help a newb out....

Ok so I read the entire instruction manual for DB the one thats a pdf file. I also, to much avail, was finally able to find out how to use XWE to import my own songs in to the maps (somebody should really make a guide for that styoopid thing). However, when I try to make a multi map wad, I get a message and DB just shuts down.

The message reads as follows:

RUN-TIME ERROR '91':
OBJECT VARIABLE OR WITH BLOCK VARIABLE NOT SET

Now this happened after I opened a new map, named it map01, and saved the wad. When I open a new map and name it map02 is when it all goes straight down hill. Please, tell me how to make a multiple level wad. I only want it to be 10 levels. Also in XWE, I was told that by naming a 320x200 jpg or bmp titlepic i could replace the cyberdemon marine fighting image. However, my screen just come up blank. Please, pretty please, help me this is my first time ever doing anything like this. Thankyou in advance.

Hmm, I do this kinda thing all of the time with DB and never had or heard of a problem like this befor? Did you already import anything into your map01 using XWE befor you tried to open/build your map02???

I take it you have two wads each with a map in it and you want to make 1 wad with the two maps in it.
Okay, load up the first wad with Doombuilder, click "edit", then "map options..." and change the name to map01.

Click "file", "Save Map"

Now open the second wad, click "edit", "map options..." and change the name to map02.

Click "file", "Save Map into..." and select the first wad.

The first wad now has the 2 maps.

Also in XWE, I was told that by naming a 320x200 jpg or bmp titlepic i could replace the cyberdemon marine fighting image. However, my screen just come up blank.

This should work, allthough I never tried it with jpg files (I use gif or bmp).
Open your wad with XWE, click "entry", then "load", select your custom image named titlepic.bmp (or titlepic.gif). That should work, Be sure your image is in the doom palette or your colors get messed up.

sinyx said:
The message reads as follows:

RUN-TIME ERROR '91':
OBJECT VARIABLE OR WITH BLOCK VARIABLE NOT SET

Now this happened after I opened a new map, named it map01, and saved the wad. When I open a new map and name it map02 is when it all goes straight down hill.

The workaround is simple, if you want to start a new map after you opened one, just restart Doom Builder. This is a known problem and has been fixed in version 1.66 which is coming very soon (keep an eye out on the site).

I use Doom Builder myself and its usually bug free for me. I never had this problem because i dont make maps serperately then import them into a big wad later. I think its better to put all your non-map material (textures, graphics, sounds, etc) into a main wad..say "Mywad.wad". Then when you open Doombuilder and start to make a map just put "MYWAD.WaD" as your Texture/flats file during Map options.

After you make and test and preview the map, and if everything is likable. Just open file and "Save Map into" and select the main wad. This should prevent any bugs of your sort from happening.

personally, I use Doom builder 1.0, and have not come across many bugs. I cantuse anything else since all my wads are made with 1.0 and if i edit them with any other version, the textures gets "overlapped" with itself and there is simply no way to fix it, that i know of.

YAY! Thank you for all your help guys! I got it working! I got my title pic working and everything thnakyou!!!!!! Now im off to map.