Find results in...
Sharessa

Liver Failure Enthusiasts, Vote!

What's your poison?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What's your poison?

• Whiskey
    • Rum
    • Flavored Liqours (Schnapps, Malibu, etc.)
    • Vodka
    • Beer
    • Wine
    • Yuppie Drinks (Martinis, Daquoris, Pina Coladas, etc.)
    • Cocktails (White Russians, Mudslides, etc.)
    • Other
    • I am a teetotaler

Whiskey is my main poison, it was my grandfather's. Beer follows up as some food tastes great with it, same with wine.

In fact get the right wine-food combinations and wine kicks the shit out of the other two.

iori said:

Lager is just watered piss most of the time (your Budweiser, MGD, etc), but there are some (Heineken...er...and other imported ones) which are good.

Heh, Heineken is one of the ones I tried. Actualy, I liked it less than the other beer i tried, which was Rainier (a local beer company that I don't think exists anymore). Of course, it was years between when I had them.

Also Dan, the little alcohol content in beer lets you drink many over the course of the evening/day/whateveryoureinto and get cumulatively more drunk as you go. It stretches happy time by more than 5 fold!

Meh, I sip hard alcohol unless I'm playing some game with shots. It usualy takes me about a half hour to finish a burbon glass full of White Russian or Rum or whatever. A beer I can finish in 5-10 minutes, and it gets faster the drunker I am.

I am not a fan of sweet alcohol really.. the sugar really hurts me the morning after.

People always say that, but I've never found it to be true. Pretty much all I drink is sweet alcohol and I've never had a hangover yet. The closest I came to it was when I had Sake and got a mild headache immediately afterwards.

I recently started frequenting the Ericht Alehouse, which has more than 10 local brews on tap and a VAST assortment of foreign beers in bottles and anyone uttering the word 'lager' is defenstrated back into the street.

So far my favourate beer would be Frambosen, a cherry flavoured death-syrup that kicks back at maybe 7% proof. It's expensive, at maybe £3.20 for a half bottle, but there is just something about that beer that puts me in total reek. Plus, it makes my vomit taste really funky.

Altogether a superior ale.

I'm surprised so many people voted beer considering most Americans on the board are drinking domestics :P

The only beers I like are local microbrews and some imports (especially Negra Modela).

DOOM Anomaly said:

I like myself enough not to drink alcohol.

I like myself enough to drink it and not have a problem.

Janderson said:

Whiskey is my main poison, it was my grandfather's. Beer follows up as some food tastes great with it, same with wine.

In fact get the right wine-food combinations and wine kicks the shit out of the other two.

+1.

Wiskey and beer kick ass. But there is no way they could beat some Real Italian food and a good wine.

Uncle 80 said:

Whack for my daddy-o, there's whiskey in the jar!
(and I'm not talking Jack D or any of that bourbon crap, I'm talking scotch, oak-barreled-with-a-distinct-taste-of-tar-and-smoke whiskey

Unfortunately, whiskey is Irish (like the song). "Scotch" is whisky. :P

Nothing beats a good white wine. Well, a good micro-brewed beer is pretty close.

Scabbed Angel said:

I live in wisconsin, therefore, beer.

Heh, wtf. I didn't know that.

i cant drink for shit, i seriously either get to drunk and vomit on myself while crying or im to drunk and start crying about my shitty life or just to drunk and want to get into a fight but am to drunk to talk or start one.

all in all when i drink i support the bigger enemy america, for banning pot and okaying drinking, what kind of fucked up prohibition shit is this where booze is legally accepted but not pot

maybe people drink cause there is no other legal means of seeing double. so u drink yourself to stupid or better yet wake up with a ugly woman and u both scream and then see eachothers wedding ring and legal court papers and a fucking kid and the back of his t-shirt saids in your own fucking writting in fat bubble letters "your kid" so the kid is literally infront of a computer playing doom and smoking a ciggerretee now hes ur resbosibility for 18yrs of ur miserable fucking life all thanks to drinking, and why is weed illegal whne drinking does so much horrible things like create life as well as take away life from it?

Danarchy said:

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO EXIST?

Actually, by all accounts he's been considered legally dead for ten and a half years. Well, braindead anyway.

You know, I'm starting to rethink my opinion - sure, I prefer something that tastes decent, but like last night, it occurred to me that beer has alcohol in it, and that if I focus on that hard enough, I can actually make myself drink it. I have such a hard time understanding people who drink booze for the taste... All tastes like shit to me. And I've grown to like the stuff.

Danarchy said:

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO EXIST?

He picked his name to try to sound disgusting and controversial. But Morbid Twat is nothing compared to if he was named Rancid Anal Cunt Juice.

Anyways... I'm in that perfect state to be answering this sort of question. For liqour it would be Jagermeister. Eveybody I know hates it, but I'm in Love with it. 2nd pick for hard shit is any kind of Whiskey. For Beer: Heineken. If I wanna get drunk with a minimal amount of money: Max Bull 40oz American Malt Liqour 7% for just a little over $5.00 Canadian. Best amount of import for best price: Warsteiner 5L party keg for $25.30. If I'm at a bar, I'll get cheap ass Molson Canadian which will go for $10.00 a pitcher at the places I usually end up drinking at.

I just had a late celebration of St. Patrick'sDay. 2 Glasses of Baily's, one Irish Russian (white russian with irish creme instead of normal creme), a shot of kaluah, and a shot of Jack Daniels. I was going to have more, but I feel pretty damn drunk right now.

Danarchy said:

I like myself enough to drink it and not have a problem.

Well, first of all, I'm 20. Not legal drinkin' age. And after living with a bunch of drunken rednecks as my neighbors, I've decided I'm never going to drink alcohol. Not to mention that I cannot bear the smell. Just remember to eat when you drink, folks, and drink plenty of water if you have a hangover.