1. 1. Favorite mind-altering substance?

• Marijuana
    • LSD
    • Shrooms
    • Prescription painkillers
    • DXM
    • I don`t really know much about drugs :(
    • Drugs are bad, mkay?

Since there's one for tobacco and one for alcohol, I figured we needed one for illicit mind-altering substances.

I've only tried marijuana, though I'm not really enthusiastic about it. I'd like to try acid or mushrooms, but then I just read Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas so maybe I should wait a while before taking the leap.

Weed all the way baby. I've tried opiates, but they didn't have much effect on me. Methylphenidate is pretty fun to mess with, you get some crazy thought patterns. Nothing really matches up to weed, though.

Ultraviolet said:

Since there's one for tobacco and one for alcohol, I figured we needed one for illicit mind-altering substances.

What about licit mind-altering substances, such as salvia?

only marijuana, really. and maybe ecstasy, if it came around more than once every 3 years

BTW, you forgot to list opiates and/or depressants and cocaine and/or meth...

About four months ago, I dug out an old pipe of my uncle's from one of his collection of cultural knick-knacks from his travels. I found a nice-looking thick glass pipe that looked like it would be good for some weed, and I packed myself a bole.

What I found out shortly after was this pipe was used a few decades back for smoking opium. I had a nice bole filled with wood-preserved well aged opiate in it. Man, let me just say the bowl of cereal I ate afterwards was INENTSE.

Typo of "intense" inentional.

weed and lsd are my favorites, i always get into these trips were i invision the ultimate picture or the worst thing or place ever. in these deep (as a puddle) philosophical theorys or questioin not meant to be answerd or more. im not smart man but enjoy just to day dream and drool, imagination is like a bike ride ur always moving somthing always to see somthing new but its just in ur head and these places are just old explored areas in ur brain places already seen, places that are just now bein closely analyzed with u and others,call this a car pool orgy. i hate drinking always makes me puke and cry and fight with myself

Because I plan never to smoke, do drugs, or drink for a stupid spiting boycott thing I'm doing for personal reasons, none. But if I did do drugs, I'd only do weed. I'd actually do weed sooner then smoking or drinking.

Drugs are bad. If you need any more evidence, just look at Morbidtwatt. Mmkay?

Marijuana is boring and weak as hell. DXM is neat but way too addictive and not quite mind-altering enough for my taste. I vote for acid.

I hear the effects of LSD stay with some people permanently with them seeing shit. Damn, if I was messed like that I would go from slightly mad to completely mad. And it's best I stay in reality and don't see shit that isn't there in the first place. Could you imagine much permanently hallucinating would fuck with you after seeing a freaky horror movie?

Gokuma said:

I hear the effects of LSD stay with some people permanently with them seeing shit. Damn, if I was messed like that I would go from slightly mad to completely mad. And it's best I stay in reality and don't see shit that isn't there in the first place. Could you imagine much permanently hallucinating would fuck with you after seeing a freaky horror movie?

Sounds like fun to me! @_@
I mainly drink but if/when Mari becomes legal I'll eat it on special occaisions.

My mind is already altered enough as it is without drugs. I think I was dropped on my head as a baby or something. Either way, I really don't need anything else.

my brother did DXM yesturday and it just made him sick and all fucked up. he started puking and itching.

usally around these parts pot is the thing, everyone does it. its everywhere. however the massives have been craving a groovy trip and so everyone is shroom hunting. even i am curious about shrooms, but i still dout i will use them.

i would rather see my friend be a pot head than a drunk. at least it would be next to imposible to OD on weed.

salvia is an interesting experince though. however its not a party drug. best if done in a quite calm place.

Gokuma said:

That is does. After doing about 5 tabs, your legally considered insane. Doesn't matter if they were taken all at once, or on 5 different occasions. It permanently alters your mind physcologically after so much as one use. After doing a tab or two the most you'll have happen to you is maybe a flashback or fond memory of your trip in every lucid detail.

I've read about this dude who took 20 tabs at once and he's now on a permanent acid trip. Reality for him is like being high on 4 tabs of acid all the time. Scary fucking shit. LSD affects people differently. Some people will break down and go nuts after so much as a tab, where as a more strong minded individual (for lack of better terminology), can withstand quite a bit comfortably.

I myself have done a single tab on 2 different occaisions, and it was more than enough to satisfy my curiousity. Shrooms are alot less intense, and are natural occuring, as opposed to the chemically synthesized LSD. If you eat enough shrooms it can replicate the effects of a low dose LSD trip. Although I've never ate more than 3 grams at a time. The down side to shrooms, it's possible to get real bad poisoning from eating them.

Pot, well, I end up smoking it occasionally, not so much anymore. Those are the only three that I've used, everything else doesn't appeal to me at all. Well, alcohol as well. It's the liquid drug you chug!

udderdude said:

Oliver Sachs makes good books about Neurology. Sadly none of his case studies involve people who have had drug overdoses. :P

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/
A good site for anyone looking to do certian substances ..

Lycaeum.org is pretty good as well.