Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ezxariarch

Doom Legacy error "R_TextureNumForName: Not Found"??

I made a 6 level portion for fun for my upcomming megawad and used Doombuilder to do so (best editor, IMO). I ususally run it on Zdoombot5.1 for testing and everything worked fine. I've also tested it on EDGE and Jdoom and everything was fine. I was digging around and I found probably the only wrokable version of Doom legacy I have, 1.28 and decided to test it with that one too to make sure everything works well. I can play all the levels from 1, then 3-6 but not 2 for some reason. Whenever I try to run the level by warping or by beating level 1, i get this error message:

"R_TextureNumForName: Not Found"

I made all these levels in doom 2 format so it can be ran on almost anyport. SO i decided to test it with doom 2 to see if i get the same Error, it turns out that I indeed get the same error. I cant find what is wrong with the map nor do I understand what the error means. Can someone elighten me on this issue?

Somewhere in your map there is a texture with no name. Best use an editor with an error checker to find it.

No name? You mean its missing a texture or the texture itself has no name in the TEXTURES patch in the wad? I checked the TEXTURES i've used and they all have proper names on them. But i'll see what i can find..thanks for the help.

One texture on one linedef in your map is named "", i.e. the field is empty. Most likely you accidentally deleted the '-' from one unused texture entry.

This could be caused by using conflicting "TEXTURE1" entries from different versions of the game; e.g., TEXTURE1.LMP from DOOM.WAD is different from the TEXTURE1.LMP in DOOM2.WAD.

Look closer at his error. This line normally contains the texture's name. It doesn't which means that the missing texture in question doesn't have a name.

I've opened the map with XWE because it lists all the sidedefs i've used. I've checked the list three times and i've not found a def with no name...all of them have either names or "-". Is there other programs I can use to find this? Also I've opened the error checker with XWE..and all i got was "Vertex #_____ is a duplicated of vertex #______"

but thanks for the help. I'll go check with WinTEX

EDIT: Graf was indeed correct about the texture with a blank for the name. I opened the Sidedefs lump with wintex and saw there a blank had been used 7 time in my map...however...wintex does not tell me what sectors theses are in.

EDIT AGAIN: Alright, I've managed to find all the blank sidedefs by luck (looked in the oler parts of the map..back when i didnt know how to use DB). Anyway, thanks for all the help guys.