Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maggot_army

a zombie mod im workin on

ive started a zombie mod 4 edge and i cant deside if i wanna use opposing forces skins as a base or counter strike... i know that there is the zombie mod using cory whittles weapons which were from opposing forces, but i like those weapons. im taking my own shots of the weapons thought. what would you chose? opposing forces or cs? the basics weapons i got in either is the spas 12, m4m203, grenades, knife, crowbar, pistol/dual pistols, desert eagle, and satchel charges. i havent got any screens yet cuz the levels r bland, but most levels are set in cities and small towns. any though on this would be appreciated. also can anyone help me on how 2 make my weapons look cleaner, more in tune with the doom palette. im using gimp and paint to edit my stuff, but they end up losing some colors. i like the look of the weapons in the doom 3 in doom2 mod, and in marines of uac, they look clean and the colors are right, but when i add mine they look really dull. cant anyone help? is it done pixel by pixel or something? thanks for any help and comments.

We value language skills.

Also, don't you think you ought to ask the teams that made those skins before using them?

DC

More important than the weapons are the zombies, something that our comunity lacks.

About the guns, I don' know nothing about the other game, but whatever is better than CS (yeah I hate that game).

the zombies im making are almost completed, ive got 3 that im working on, by i do plan to add more. these are the zombies:a fresher zombie that is based off the doom monsters. a little more decomposed which is based of the heretic zombie (cant remeber the name). and the last zombie im working on is im making from scratch but is based of the dead corpses in hexen.
ive decided that im gonna use the half-life opposing forces weapons. im using jed's halflife model viewer to take the screens and i need some tips on how to make them look clean like the weapons in the mods i mentioned, doom 3 in doom 2, and marines of uac. if anyone can help me on how they did this id like to know. thanks in advance!

If You only took screenshots of those models to make sprites You didn't make them. You just ripped them.

ive just added the first zombie in the wad file and tested in one of the city levels. the color is a little messe up, like loss of color in the face. i havent recolered the skin 2 the grey i want yet, so its still got the normal skin color.
can i send this frist screenshot to someone so that they can post it or help me on how i can do that, im not sure how to?
also the m4 looks better than i though it would but i need 2 touch up on the arms by re-coloring the skin color darker

this is one of the screens i got. its only in one of the test levels of mine, i just quickly tooks a screen of it and the m4.

That zombie seems interesting. Looking forward to this mod.

Really man, that does not look like a city scene. Needs more detail, and more appropriate texturing. As for the weapon model rips(I made mouac) use a model viewer.

http://www.wunderboy.org/download.php?file=hlmv13_setup.exe&s=1

The above model viewer is for HL format models and has a window that lets you see the weapon from its original intended position(works only for weapons) and take screenshots of individual frames. All you need to do is load up the models from the opposing force .pak file and make sure to change the background color of the screen in the model viewer to the transparent cyan(so you don't have to re-fill all of the spaces with the proper color).

thanks for the comments so far, the level was just a test, ive got new brick textures and side walk textures that im using. im using edge feature that lets me place wall textures on the ground, so most of my stuff with have blood covering the floors and stuff.
i quickly threw together that level because my level wad was screwing up on me so i just quickly made that to show the first zombie and the weapon.
ill have a few more screenshots in about a week when my first level is almost fully complete. i have to add some of the fine details like posters on walls and bullets marks, corpses, blood, etc. and add some differences to it, now ive only got about 3 city blocks with all grey walls.

Yeah, and what about little my mod?
http://wip.paci-fist.org/?a=listwads&wad=351
Right now I'm doing some concept art, mostly locations and planning the general story and gameplay. I'll soon start making weapons as well as the sprites, but before I get to that I'd like to study anatomy a bit more so it's less tedacious to do the sprites right.

Everything is awesome, but you must do something with that lightning stuff. Too dark, you know.